Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

RMZ 4 months old and valve's gone!!

Recommended Posts

cant beleive it, its my turn to get abit peed. i really enjoyed riding my RMZ until it wouldnt kick start!!

thank goodness Suzuki came to the party and supplied new valve's and head gasket, i really thought that was good service, will be upgrading soon to the 2005 RMZ or KXF, i know this is the million dollar question but does anyone know if the same will happen to the 05 or has it been sorted?? :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best read some of the recent posts. According to the part numbers the valves are the same. There has been some porting done to the 05's but I can't comment on that. Other than that the internals regarding the valve train appear to be the same. The radiators are larger and there has been some upgrade on other parts not related to the valve train.

My guess is that it hasn't been sorted out yet by the factory.

That being said, there are a couple of aftermarket companies creating fixes however, that means spending more green-backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

scuba has the valve issues covered. Whether they work or not is the big question but it is really to early to tell. Glad to hear that suzuki helped out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they changed the seat in the head and made it softer

what confuses me is that only the one valve was dammaged,if it was microdust or seat problems wouldnt both or even all the valve's get damaged?

my friends RMZ had the same valve damaged!!

I know that they havnt said anything at kawa about the 05 valve repair, maybe they dont want to admit it and hopfuly sorted it out with out publishing it? :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only explanation we can come up for the 1 valve always going is the fact that the majority of the fuel comes in through the other intake valve and perhaps provides a cooling effect. I know it's frustrating but I'm sure that there will be a solution real soon. Good luck with it and I hope that Suzuki (or Kawasaki, i forgot which bike it was) stand by it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanx will keep you all updated, will be selling or trading my 04 for the 05 asap, ive heard the 05 power increase is amazing. i love theses bike's and i guess that the valve isssue will eventually get sorted one way or another, just have to go with the flow! :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jep, the 05 seems stronger, and IMO there´s much more throttle response than with my 04...

@dirtmachine: you´re right with the intake valves: the one at the timing chain gets 80% and the other one only gets 20% of the gas mix which comes through the carb...

but my rmz runs great (now :cry:)

RIDE ON! :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jep, the 05 seems stronger, and IMO there´s much more throttle response than with my 04...

@dirtmachine: you´re right with the intake valves: the one at the timing chain gets 80% and the other one only gets 20% of the gas mix which comes through the carb...

but my rmz runs great (now :cry:)

RIDE ON! :cry:

Good to hear you're happy with your ride. :cry:

Regarding your data.

If this is the case...... would the right valve not be more prone to failure?

How did you come up with those figures of 80-20%.

The spray pattern from the accelerator pump directs 100% to the right valve......this is without the engine running.....

I plan on taking some vids of the spray running/not running to see the difference.

Cheers

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 05 doesn't produce any noticeable horsepower increase, all they did was shift around the power a bit through porting it. Now there is a little more power on the bottom (what it had was already amazing) and it pulls better on the top. However, they did steal a little power from the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×