Sign in to follow this  

which 250f is better

I was wondering through someone that has ridden both of these bike to tell me which one is honestly the better bike yzf250 or crf250 for trails and racing. i was also wondering if these new 250's seemed underpowered when comming from a 1997 cr250.

Both are good bikes. They both have their ups and downs. The only person who can decide which one is better for you is yourself. Remember to consider things like dealer support and contingency in your area. Try doing a search, there is a lot of information already out there. This question gets asked at least once a week.

This question gets asked at least once a week.

Hah, Once a week, more like 20 times in each forum every day. I havn't ridden a honda, sat on plenty of'em, but Ive got a YZ250F and have ridden it hard for 3 years and have yet to have a problem of any sorts, Just have to do your regular oil changes, Clean air filter, replace coolant, etc all of them require it regulary. All the dealers around me suck, $22 bucks for an oil filter, Yeah right. They can kiss my 😢.

The CRF's are experience valve issues...read though the fourm. I would get the Yamaha for that reason alone. If you are a die hard Red Rider than you will go that way no matter what responses you hear in the fourms. The Blue bike is more reliable right now. Go BLUE 😢

Go BLUE 😢

Go AWAY 😢

Definitve valve issues my 😢

RIDE RED! 😢 :cry:

i had a crf250r for like 1 month as soon as i saw the vavle problem and burning oil it was gone

i had a crf250r for like 1 month as soon as i saw the vavle problem and burning oil it was gone

Yea, and now you're trying to trade your KTM for one.

Norwiegian,

Check out the valves yourself...they SUCK!!! Honda riders have been bitching about them since the bikes came out. I have had 3 Hondas over the years and all have been AWESOME machines....the CRF 450 and 250 both have problems. Keep thinking they dont and the blue bikes will keep running while are shimming. Check the Yamaha form if you think that Yamhas have reliablity questions or valve issues. This is the 7th year that Yamaha has been making quality 4 strokes with very little valve issues.

If people are willing to post questions I will answer if I have experience that may be helpful to them.

Nice attitude 😢 :cry:

Have a nice day.....shimming!!! 😢 :cry: 😢

throttlejockey actually i just traded my ktm for a yz250f my dad wouldnt hav let me trade for another crf250 cause they are junk!

my dad wouldnt hav let me trade for another crf250 cause they are junk

You're an idiot 😢

Norwiegian,

Check out the valves yourself...they SUCK!!! Honda riders have been bitching about them since the bikes came out. I have had 3 Hondas over the years and all have been AWESOME machines....the CRF 450 and 250 both have problems. Keep thinking they dont and the blue bikes will keep running while are shimming. Check the Yamaha form if you think that Yamhas have reliablity questions or valve issues. This is the 7th year that Yamaha has been making quality 4 strokes with very little valve issues.

If people are willing to post questions I will answer if I have experience that may be helpful to them.

Nice attitude 😢 :cry:

Have a nice day.....shimming!!! 😢 :cry:🤣

Whats wrong with shimming once in a while? I have tried the Yammy, and it felt horrible. Horrible seat, horrible suspension, horrible color (compared to the Honda anyway 😢 ) I would say the Honda is best despite its valve "problems". Of course the Yammy isnt a bad bike, so if you really want one then go for it.

my dad wouldnt hav let me trade for another crf250 cause they are junk

You're an idiot 😢

Uhm, the idiot in this case would be his fashza.

CRF250R,You really are an idiot. You have to keep a bike a little longer than 1 month to truly make a decision about its quality. What are you going to trade for next? Maybe a cushman scooter would be more your speed. 😢

i have owned a 2002 yzf 250 and now i have a crf 250r. i kind of have mixed feelings about the crf, i like the way it handles, and the way it looks, but i just does not the power my yzf had.

CRF250R,You really are an idiot. You have to keep a bike a little longer than 1 month to truly make a decision about its quality. What are you going to trade for next? Maybe a cushman scooter would be more your speed. 😢

I have had my bike and ridden it three times a week since April. NO VALVE PROBLEMS!!! Oh and stfu.

i just like riding more then working on it i liked the crf alot but i never really got to ride it much because it was always in the dealer getting fixed