Sign in to follow this  

2005 CRF450 COULD THEY HAVE MADE THE SHROUDS ANY LONGER?

Just got back from Motoworld of El Cajon, Saw the new crf450 that had just been rolled onto the showroom floor. They have three of them... I talked to the sales vato and he said "yeah the pipes are still warm" I'd be pissed if I bought a "brand new" bike and the $6.75 an hour p.d.i. "tech" guy just got done hot lapping my new honda down the asphalt alley before it was even broke in. Oh well just more of a reason to buy one in the crate. I can't beleive what the "techs" do to a brand new bike... One time I was at fun bike center, and I saw a salesman start up a brand new banshee at 8:00pm "when it was about 58 degrees outside" and hold the throttle wide open to clear it out so he didn't have to push the bike 20 ft.... Cold seizure anyone?

Anyways, The new hondas are nice but could they have made the radiator shrouds any longer they almost hit the front wheel when you turn....

Dear Spinny

Hello,you unfortunately misinformed man.I am the Tech that set up all of the new 05 CRF450's that you saw at Motoworld of El Cajon today,there were 8 of them not three. Perhaps you will be happier to find out that I have 30 years experience as a Honda tech and am not a $6.75 an hour employee but a $25.00 an hour professional.

All new Hondas must be test ridden by franchise agreement with American Honda,if this is not done it is a violation of the agreement and we are in big trouble.If you had taken the time to examine the rear tire on all of these machines you would have noted that they had no damage ie.had never been "hot lapped".

When ever I test ride a machine I ride it with the utmost respect for that machine,It's not my bike and I respect the fact that no one would want their new pride and joy ridden in the way that you seem to imply that was done.

Although it may be true that other dealers use poorly trained young men to predeliver the machines,at Motoworld of El Cajon the mechanics that do all the repair on customer motorcycles do the predelivery.All the techs have between 20 and 30 years of motorcycle experience.

In the future I would hope that before you put something out to the world you know what you are talking about.cheers

Just got back from Motoworld of El Cajon, Saw the new crf450 that had just been rolled onto the showroom floor. They have three of them... I talked to the sales vato and he said "yeah the pipes are still warm" I'd be pissed if I bought a "brand new" bike and the $6.75 an hour p.d.i. "tech" guy just got done hot lapping my new honda down the asphalt alley before it was even broke in. Oh well just more of a reason to buy one in the crate. I can't beleive what the "techs" do to a brand new bike... One time I was at fun bike center, and I saw a salesman start up a brand new banshee at 8:00pm "when it was about 58 degrees outside" and hold the throttle wide open to clear it out so he didn't have to push the bike 20 ft.... Cold seizure anyone?

Anyways, The new hondas are nice but could they have made the radiator shrouds any longer they almost hit the front wheel when you turn....

I too have cringed at FBC's lovely SALES guys and there love for the race to put the equipment away. At times, I ask my Sales Manager buddy... and other close friends who work there "What in the hell are you thinking letting that happen?!" And usually it's more or less kind of a shoulder shrug, with a "we try and keep them under control... but you can't ALWAYS".

REMEMBER.... I think the key word here is SAAAALES guys. They do abuse the equipment when putting them away. It goes without saying. The worst part about that is some of them are MotoXers and ride pretty well. Who knows. Let MR. ROUNDY catch them and it'll be 'curtains' for them!! He's pretty hard nosed. I've known the family for quite a while. Also... if you don't like it, you have the right to go somewhere else. I myself, would still buy there since I get a smokin' deal on anything I buy, parts included. But I do inspect the rear knobs beforehand, and ask that my bike be put together the DAY I buy it. It helps tremendously.

Tell Tom I said "HI" will ya?!?!

I might need his help again... (see "oil leak...." in this 450 forum) :cry:

And... most of us know it's not the "service" guys that are beating the new bikes to a pulp... it'd be like a surgeon ruining his great new stitches. :cry:

John Jensen

Dear Spinny

Hello,you unfortunately misinformed man.I am the Tech that set up all of the new 05 CRF450's that you saw at Motoworld of El Cajon today,there were 8 of them not three. Perhaps you will be happier to find out that I have 30 years experience as a Honda tech and am not a $6.75 an hour employee but a $25.00 an hour professional.

All new Hondas must be test ridden by franchise agreement with American Honda,if this is not done it is a violation of the agreement and we are in big trouble.If you had taken the time to examine the rear tire on all of these machines you would have noted that they had no damage ie.had never been "hot lapped".

When ever I test ride a machine I ride it with the utmost respect for that machine,It's not my bike and I respect the fact that no one would want their new pride and joy ridden in the way that you seem to imply that was done.

Although it may be true that other dealers use poorly trained young men to predeliver the machines,at Motoworld of El Cajon the mechanics that do all the repair on customer motorcycles do the predelivery.All the techs have between 20 and 30 years of motorcycle experience.

In the future I would hope that before you put something out to the world you know what you are talking about.cheers

Yup....Still love Hondas!

Sorry wingman for the comments. I am a certified yamaha honda, kawasaki, and suzuki tech, and have 18 years shop experience. I am sure if you have been in the business 30 years, you have seen a tech abuse a brand new bike or two. My comments were not directed at you. Thanks again for the first hand experience and info on the athena big bore, I love it, it pulls like a freight train now with no jetting changes. By the way, did you get your commission check for last month seeing as though all of motoworld's computers crashed? :cry:

Well, after a proper warm up, it's actually better to run that new bike hard to set those rings right?! :cry: Those "sales" guys are probably doing us a favor! :cry:

Dear Spinny

OOOOPPPS! :cry:

Somewhat related to this topic, about 8 months ago I purchased a new '04 CRF450 at a dealership in Oklahoma for the sole purpose of removing the motor, carb, electronics and linkage to build a race quad. The brand new CRF was sitting on the showroom floor, once I paid for it they took it back to the service department to prep it. After a few minutes the service guy rode it out of the service department and right into the back of my truck. Bike looked great as it should have being new. Got it home and immediately stripped the bike down to remove the motor, etc., and to take pics of the remaining items I did not need/want to put on ebay. Well the left radiator was very noticeably bent in. So I assumed at some point in time the bike while at the dealership was dropped on it's left side. I immediately called the dealer and informed them of the problem and they would not replace the radiator, NO WARRANTY!! I said "I haven't even rode the bike and it was sold to me in this condition". They refused to swap out the radiator and I could not sell it in the condition it was in.

I'm getting ready to buy an '05, before I pay for it, the plastic is coming off to inspect those radiators!!

Dear Spinny

So.Cals a small world