Sign in to follow this  

262 kit question......again

Hey James, I just put a 262 kit in my 01 250F and I have a question. After installing the kit, the thing kicked over in about 2-3 kick. Today at glen Helen it took me forever to start the thing. My house is at sea-level and I think Glen Helen is at about 1000-2000 ft. I am running a 175 main and a 42 pilot, and 2 turns on the fuel screw. I noticed I had to rip the throttle while kicking to get it to start. Any help is great..

It sounds rich, and turning the throttle is letting extra air in (hopefully not pumping fuel too and flooding it).

Try turning the fuel screw inwards to 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 turns from seated. If you have problems again, see if the hot-start helps when cold-starting. It's what I use when testing richer combinations and flood a bike.

If you have continuing problems, a leaner clip position should be used, then the red marked needle in the 5th from top position.

Thanks,

James

Hey James, I think the fuel screw did it. Moved it to 1 1/2 out,,,,, started 2nd kick, sounds great. Plug only had about 1 hour on it but it was a nice lite tan color.