Sign in to follow this  

Boots (Why is life so hard?) :(

Hey guys

After almost a year of screwing around, it's finally time to break down and buy some new boots. My old MSR System 6's have fallen apart (sole falling off, broken buckle, ect.) I've been looking around in stores, and dealerships trying on numerous brands of boots. So far i came up with nothing I liked as much as my MSR's. My boots have ALOT of flex Up/Down/Left/Right which led me to a bad ankle injury a few months back. What I do like about my current boots is that i can feel the pegs, brake, shifter....and i can shift easily due to the ease of flex and low/small profile of the tip of the boot...I would like to find a boot with the qualities similar to above, minus the left to right flex....Like I said, i tried many boots on and couldn't get comfortable in any of them....What Im now considering after reading reviews and trying on many pair of boots is the:

Gaerne SG-10

Sidi Flex Force TA

Fox Forma Pro

Im really intrested more in the Gaerne SG-10 or the Sidi Flex Force TA. I like the hinge systems, and have heard the they are easier to move your foot up and down than traditional Mx Boots. What i need is for someone to compare any of these three sets of boots, in the areas of comfort, flexablilty, profile of toe section, ease of feeling shifter/brake/pegs and break-in times. I know its alot to ask, and I thank you all in advance for your time, but please, someone help a fellow rider out.

Thanks Again,

Pete :cry:

I can only speak for the Sidi's Flex Force SRS. I shattered my ankle back in February and have just recently started riding again. The Sidi was in no way the cause of ankle breaking into numerous pieces. I often wonder how bad it would have been with a lesser boot. But, since my return, I have little to no problems while wearing my Sidi's.

The break-in time was minimal to none at all. I can reach my rear brake fine, even after my injury. If parts do mess up as your MSR's did, the Sidi's replacement parts are widely available. I cannot speak or reccomend the Sidi's highly enough.

I like my AStars Tech 8... thats all I can say. I dont think you will be dissapointed with them.

Save the money and get the tech 6's the booty on the tech 8's sucks. :cry:

One more vote for: Sidi's Flex Force SRS :cry:

I've been riding with mine all summer and have over 2000 offroad miles. I think they saved me at least once.

They will be alot more stiff then your current boots but you'll get used to after a few hours of riding. Don't know if you ride offroad but these boots are virtually water-proof. A definite plus!

I like my Fox Forma Pro's. I can't vouch for the relative protection - others here probably can. All I can say is, if they aren't comfortable, I don't want to go riding as bad. I have bad feet (heel spurs) and they are incredibly sensitive. The Forma Pro's fit and are comfortable as well.

I would strongly suggest trying several on and finding that factor for you. Protection is important, but you're going to be spending a lot of time in them and want them to be comfortable.

Fox Forma Pro sucks when it comes to ankle protection. I should know; I sprained my ankle three weeks ago while wearing the Fox Forma Pro. It's a very comfortable boots with good protection. But if you are a serious rider, it's a no.

I just bought the Sidi Force today for $285 plus tax. This is the lowest price I've seen.

I like my Fox Forma Pro's. I can't vouch for the relative protection - others here probably can. All I can say is, if they aren't comfortable, I don't want to go riding as bad. I have bad feet (heel spurs) and they are incredibly sensitive. The Forma Pro's fit and are comfortable as well.

I would strongly suggest trying several on and finding that factor for you. Protection is important, but you're going to be spending a lot of time in them and want them to be comfortable.

I dont know about you but i love bootie.

Tech 8s

Save the money and get the tech 6's the booty on the tech 8's sucks. :cry:

Fox Forma Pro sucks when it comes to ankle protection. I should know; I sprained my ankle three weeks ago while wearing the Fox Forma Pro. It's a very comfortable boots with good protection. But if you are a serious rider, it's a no.

I just bought the Sidi Force today for $285 plus tax. This is the lowest price I've seen.

Where did you buy them?

I have a pair of Gaerne SG-10's. I am suprised that noone seems to wear them. They are the most comfortable boot I have worn. Like slippers!! They hardly need any break in, and I like the way the rear of the boot opens up like a ski boot for ease of putting them on and taking them off. they have a good thick italian leather with a plastic outer shell. Rubber on the inside of the calf instead of leather like the Alpinestars.

I tried on the Alpinestars but felt uncomfortable due to a large bump at the arch. I didnt want to rub my foot raw trying to get the stars broken in.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Gaerne SG-10's.

Sidi force T A are great I broke my fibula in june just started riding with theses boots they are like slippers.Also i think if i would have had these when i crashed might not have had a broken bone Take it from experince dont skimp on safety buy the best boots you can Rick

Sidi force T A are great I broke my fibula in june just started riding with theses boots they are like slippers.Also i think if i would have had these when i crashed might not have had a broken bone Take it from experince dont skimp on safety buy the best boots you can Rick

yeah sidis are great boots, they are comfortable but the provide protection too, plus they're waterproof :cry:

My buddy bought the Sg10s and he loves them. There were VERY quick to break in and have never really limited his movement all that much.