Xr650L jetting with a big gun, anyone?

151020 - Carb, Dyno-Jet Kit XR650L at www.bajadesigns.com.

My riding buddy (aka boss) has the big gun & this kit. Works great on his 04 xr650 MOAB L! I have a 99 650L w/ a white bros. e-series 2 and am using the same kit. Our setups are pretty much close to par besides that. We wrapped our header pipe going up to the connector pipe. So the muffler and it's extension are the only exhaust showing. Taking off the smog crap even more-so enhanced our performance level also bajadesigns 155001 - Smog Block Off Kit, IMS XR650L. It took about 2 hours to jet the carb, and damn does it make a difference !

?

hey jaz I also have a 1999 650l I just put in a uni filter and also a whitebros pipe e2 and it seems to run great do you think i need to rejet? also i had a hell of a time getting the right pipe from white bros did you it took me a month and 3 pipes and a rep to come out but one good thing they felt so bad they gave me the pipe

• 8 months later...
Better than the baja designs/dyno-jet kit: use keihin jets and shim the needle up 0.030" . A lot cheaper than the kit, and it works better. I've done both.

Don't forget to drill the slide.

55/158 for the stock pipe, a little richer than that and you're all set for an aftermarket pipe.

Dave

Hi Dave!

I've put a Supertrapp IDS2 Q on my L and I think I need to rejet!

When you say a little richer than 158/55, Do I go bigger for both jets or only the main or pilot?

Thanks

Hmm, I thought it came with 2. Well, anyways, the jets in my kit were both main jets, a DJ 160 and a DJ 165. maybe the kits are now comming with pilot jets?

You're better off with the Keihin jets- works better, lots cheaper!

Dave

The BD smog block-off kit will also help reduce the popping. The smog block-off kit blocks the ports that allow air into the exhaust manifold for more complete burning of unburned fuel in the exhaust (pop, pop).

Mac