Sign in to follow this  

Air/fuel meter

Anyone used or remember the air/fuel meter that was advertised here on TT in the last year all I remember is seeing the row of red leds in the ad area top of screen

Dude That is expensive!! My brother has a turbo mustang and for $350 you can get a kit that downloads to a computer. besides the led lights are hard to go by. Often when metering Air/Fuel Idle or one part of the curve is off while the part the power is in gets the good tune. How do the led lights decipher this? One thig that is for sure the O2 bung is the accurate way to go. The tuner that has a sniffer is not as accurate. And the same kit (in this ad)is available from my local speed shop for $75.

I have had mine for about 5 months now and have grown very fond of it. It is hands down the best tool that i have bought in the past year. With this meter, after a brief getting aquainted period, i am able to tune my WR perfectly the first time everytime no mater what the conditions are. I used this device to test leak jets in my bike while varying needle positions to completely eliminate the dreaded bog. Before i installed this meter, my jetting was all over the place for different conditions.... swapping mains, pilots etc. The reason for this was because i never had my jetting and idle speed set properly. With the quick and certain response that i get from this device, i know within a few seconds if a change was benificial. Before i was struggling to get that extra 10%, now with a few months of experience under my belt, i can easily say that i have the best running 250 around. Heck, i have even put my head pipe on other guys bikes to get them into spec! Don't think about the cash that you are dropping on this product, think about it's utillity. How much money would you spend to cut your tinkering time and increase your riding time?

Do you have a volt meter avaible that you could use to take measurements right off of the O2 sensor with. I would expect about 0.5V when your jetting is correct. Just thinking about doing some experimenting with a volt-meter and the O2 probe and saving some money. Thanks

dahughes;

A voltmeter won't work. The sensors that are used in most of the lower cost air/fuel meters are narrow band, designed for smog control use. They have a quick voltage swing at around 14.7:1 ratio. For power, you want something near 12.5:1 .

The meters that are being sold are mostly using LEDs for a quick readout response, something the voltmeter doesn't have.

Ride on

Brewster

well,

i asked some questions, and then "muff" and "james" were going back and forth. that was the last time I was on, and now POOF there gone.

Or maby your just being sarcastic and allreday knew all that??

Nah! That can't be it. :cry:

Nah! That can't be it. :cry:

I got to stab mutt before they tossed him in the river. :cry:

Your like "Frickin sharks with frickin lasers attached there Frickin heads" :cry:

OK still would like to know if the [@#$%&*!] unit is worth the money? Would like to know a sure way of knowing the jetting is correct with out trial and error method.

If you really "need to know", bring your bike to shop with a dyno and a sniffer type exhaust analyzer. You will be able to put the engine under a constant load at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and wide open throttle settings.

Ride on

Brewster

I have one and yes it works verry well, I just take it off and install the plug in the head pipe after I get er all tuned in :cry: