Sign in to follow this  

My 03 YZF 450 compared to my 05 CR450F, first ride

Rode my YZF and CR tonight. First thing the CRF feels very thin and light, rider /bike fit is awsome, can squeeze the crap out of the bike now with ease. My current YZ has fmf titanium ex., unpluged tps, & GYTR flywheel, 49 tooth rear sprocket for motor mods. CRF revs fast, with a very strong pull, much more so than my buddys 03 CR 450, YZF has harder hit and maybe a little more over rev, CRF turns tighter and more precisly, loves to lean over and rail berms, even cutting inside if needed, YZF likes to stay in the berm, sometimes tending to push over the top, long rutted sweeper, CRF was super stable, YZF got a little nervous in the front end, CR feels light in the air with a very noticable low center of gravity compared to my YZF. Suspension is still being dialed in, stiff for now.

This bike is just plain old comfy from the begining, you sit on it and it just feels right. I'm very happy with my decision, can't wait to race. Glad I could share with you guys. Worth every minute of the wait. :cry:

Oh yeah, anyone make aftermarket plastic for this thing yet??

Steve

Steve thanks for this report - this is what I have been waiting to hear - Does the better turning capabilities of the honda outway the better power characteristics of the Yamaha? The CRF suspension should breakin nice and be a lot better than the YZF's - I am told. Thanks for the input - enjoy your new ride :cry:

Ga426owner,

Are you thinking the same thing I am? Is there going to be a red bike in your garage soon too, maybe?

Don't kid yourself, the YZF doesn't have better power characteristics than the CRF, just a harder hit. The Honda gets it done smoother and easier than the YZF.

Ga426owner,

Are you thinking the same thing I am? Is there going to be a red bike in your garage soon too, maybe?

I am thinking pretty damn hard about it.....