Ktm 450 Exc - Power Now vs. Slavens No Bog

• 3 months later...

The PN does not effect power, just tricks the air into thinking the carb is smaller so it works better at low RPM. Better deal is the HT-racing.com piece that allows you to keep the crankcase vent as is.

The Slavens I have not tried but from what I can gather is the hot deal when you get way up in the high stuff late summer?

I ride a 2001 400 MXC in the Rockies and had the No-Bog installed last fall. The improvement was nothing short of astonishing. The low-end through mid-throttle improved so much I accused Jeff of boring it out to a 450 and not telling me!

The bike starts easier, snaps off idle quicker and pulls like crazy at the low end. If there's any sacrifice at the high end, I didn't notice it.

I usually ride at 8000 or 9000 feet, with occasional trips to the "real" mountains for climbs to 12,000 feet or more. I've timed down my accelerator pump, installed an adjustable fuel screw, and tried all sorts of jets. All of these made minor improvements, but the No-Bog kit is the only thing that made my bike run the way I think it should.

I highly recommend this for anyone riding at high altitude.

I have an 03 KTM 450 EXC and an 05 450 EXC and run Slavens no bog kit in both! I have had absolutely no bog issues since! I also leave them in for lower altitude riding without any problems! (Arkansas, Oklahoma, etc.) I also found that I can ride one gear taller in most situations without worrying about the dreaded bog! I highly recommend this for all serious KTM 4-stroke riders! ?

i made my power now out of a soup can. i went to the store and got some split pea soup. i made the soup and it was real good. i was looking at the spent soup can. and it hit me its just the right size for my ktm carb. so i cut it in 2. and i hosed clamped it on the back of my carb. and let me tell you it works real good. i removed the breather tube from the carb as well. the bike dose not bog at low speed.

I ride an '03 525 MXC at some of the highest altitudes in Colorado with both a Power Now and Slavens Racing No Bog kit. The stock KTM jetting was nothing short of horrible so I changed the pilot and main with the specs JD recommends along with the Power Now. My 1/2 liter thumper ran much better but still got me in trouble with acceleration just off the pilot and through mid range. The carb still wanted to push too much fuel on long descents which made it cough and act unpredictablely when I needed to grab a handful of throttle. Just as I was ready to curse the Austrian Empire for inferior carburetion, I found the Slavens Racing No Bog kit and tried it out (nothing to loose). This made all the difference in the world. Now my big MXC rips like a close ratio big bore should, even at the top of Flag Mountain. It can climb without bog, ease through the most technical off cambers, rocky and rooted sections and has the snap of an MX'er out of the tightest berms. I did have to make some gearing adjustments for the type of riding I like due to the 525 having a ridiculous top end speed in stock form. The Slavens No Bog kit made the most significant improvement to my MXC. I still run a Power Now and an adjustable fuel air screw along with the stock air breather and exhaust system.