Sign in to follow this  

650L street-smushy

I ride a XR650L only on street. The suspension is way tooo spongey for me, especially on tight corners and hard/fast stops.

Anyone have any suggestions on something affordable I can do until I get the bucks to have new springs & valves installed?

Have you already adjusted the compression and rebound clickers to their limits?

No...

How do I do that, and how should I adjust it to be the best performance for beating those nasty sport bikes in the twisties up at Tail Of The Dragon in the mountains of N.C. ?

:cry:

I've seen some of the other pages here. Great Info, and I'm gonna try to do it on my own. But the terms, I don't know yet...

Where exactly are the adjustments for the clickers, and for street, does anyone have any tips?

I have no clue about street setup. There are two different adjustments; compression and rebound. The clickers look like screws. There are four fork clickers; one type at each end of each of the fork tubes. There are two shock clickers; one at the top of the nitrogen reservoir and one on the shock below the spring.

Your best bet is to buy an owners manual, it's covered in good detail (the how and the why) in each of my manuals. Good luck :cry:.