Sign in to follow this  

05 Crf 450 mx ride report from Glen Helen today.

Well, I went out to G.H. today to try out the new suspension set-up on my 05crf450. The new bike worked awesome. I saw a couple of other guys that just got their new 05 450's from Chaparral(they just got 60 of them in yesterday supposedly)and they were virgin bikes first time out. They spent most of their time there setting their bikes up. So I take my 450 out and do a few warm up laps to get a feel for the suspension and noticed that even though the suspension was off a little bit, the bike still hauled butt, and easily handled the rough track with its ruts and square edges and such.Anyway, I went back to the pits and a few quick clicker adjustments and a half turn on the spring, and the bike handled like a dream. I rode as fast as I've ever ridden there, and I am sick with bronchitis too.(I am feeling really crappy now, but it was worth it to ride sick). I rode an 03, and an 04, both tricked out with suspensionwork, one a vet pro's and the other a vet expert's for comparison. I also let my two vet pro friends ride mine and they both said it was awesome and easy to ride fast. They both liked it better than theirs. Anyway, the general consensus among all of us was that Honda hit a home run with the new bike, and it was noticably smaller feeling and turned better than the 03-04's and the motor was strong and snappy. Erik

dam dude..I was gonna head to GH but hit up a trail I run often for fun...plus I didnt feel like doing any moto...