Sign in to follow this  

where is the EPA sticker located on a 520 EXC

Who knows where I can find the federal EPA sticker on a 2002 520 EXC - or any other 2002 KTM?

Thanks

Ede

KTM's have never come with EPA stickers that I'm aware of. This is the Cali "G" sticker from my 03 450E (sorry the focus is not better). I'm not sure if they come with those anymore, though.

If you are looking for the sticker required in CA to dualsport a bike, you are out of luck. As said, KTM four strokes don't have the required FEDERAL emissions sticker saying the bike complies with on-highway standards. Jeb's CA sticker states that the bike complies with CA off-highway emissions standards and therefore qualifies for a green sticker in CA.

the bike currently has a Utah plate on it. DMV was looking for a safty and federal emission sticker when I wanted to transfer the title from Utah to CA. Since I bought it used with more than 7500 miles, they don't require a CA emission sticker. According to the KTM dealer, the only off-road bike which comes with a CA emission sticker is the 625 SXC.

Is there anyone on the forum who owns such a bike and can verify.

Thanks

Ede

When I dual sported my 525EXC the DMV wanted to see the emmission stick under the tank. It's 1/2 way visible on the EXC models. Many peole have said there's fell off, if that is the case there is no way to get a new one, and you are out of luck.

I also managed to dual sport mine while I'm still financing it. The DMV requested the loan company send them the pink slip and then they sent it back to them updated. I was told on TT and KTMtalk that this was impossible, the bike had to be paid off.

Good luck,

I would like to know how it looks like. Do you mind sending me a digital picture of yours.

thanks

Ede