Sign in to follow this  

Will a 04 CRF front Braking disk and caliper bracket fit an 05?

I know the 02-03 caliper bracket is different from the 04 but will the 04 bracket fit the 05?

Someone with an 05 will know positively, but I'd think not. They pulled the wheel back 2mm offset on the bottom of the fork. This is similar to using 22mm offset clamps instead of the 04's stock 24mm. Therefore the bracket would have to be 2mm longer or further back. But you never know maybe Honda did that too so they wouldn't need a new part.

It may not. They moved the axel in the fork lug back 2mm on The 05. So the front wheel sits 2mm further to the rear of or in the fork which would move back the caliper 2mm too.

It may not. They moved the axel in the fork lug back 2mm on The 05. So the front wheel sits 2mm further to the rear of or in the fork which would move back the caliper 2mm too.

...unless they compensated by moving the bracket mounting bolt too.

i'd really like to find out if the '04 oversize will fit the '05 too. if anyone has tried it, please post the results!! 😢

I'll be fitting my ebc disk setup on after this weekend using an 04 bracket. Don't know if it will fit but I'm going hunting so I won't be able to go get it and try it till next week....... 😢