Sign in to follow this  

Is 04 CRF 250 plastic the same as 05 CRF 450?

Do all the plastics from the 04 CRF 250 fit the 05 CRF 450? What about the seat, it also looks identical. Is it?

No. Nothing fits. '05 CRF450 has a new frame.

How do you know?

He's talking about swapping from the 250 which has a similar frame.

2stroke. Not sure if you were aware, but he said 250F not 04 450.

I do think the 04/05 250F and 05 450F frames are slightly different though(450 should be stiffer, no?)

I bet the front fenders are the same.

Front fender, numberplate and fork guards will be identical. Don't know about the rest. Honda makes all their plastic look similar (wish Yamaha would), but they don't seem to care about making it fit more than 1 model at a time.

The rear fender and side panels are completely different. Not sure about the rad shrouds.

nothing fits on the bike. my buddy just got his yesterday and we were looking at all the stuff that doesnt fit.even exhaust mount is different

the front fender for all years will interchange they just look different. the bolt pattern on the lower tripple clamp has never changed since back in early 90's.

fwiw, i've read that the '05 crf450r has different plastic from the '04 crf250r even though they both have 4th generation aluminum frames.

fwiw, i've read that the '05 crf450r has different plastic from the '04 crf250r even though they both have 4th generation aluminum frames.

Ya, saw that in Dirt Rider today. They gave the '05 two huge thumbs up!!!

Ya, saw that in Dirt Rider today. They gave the '05 two huge thumbs up!!!

yeah, it makes the wait seem even longer... i cant wait till they get here to my area! :cry:

So only the front fender, fork guards and front number plate will fit ? Nothing else?