Sign in to follow this  

yz250f yosh pipe jd kit, where should i start?

just recieved my yosh trs pipe and jd jet kit this week. i'm going to install everything on the 04 yzf this weekend. where should i start on the main jet? the kit says start with the 185, but a few people are saying they went down 2 sizes that ride at similar altitudes, temp and humidity. ( i ride between 85-600 asl, temp 60-75 & 65-75% humidity. any help would be great. thanks

Use the suggestions from other local riders and start with the #180 main jet. The 60-75%RH will favor leaner jetting.

When temperatures drop lower (~50F), consider trying the #185MJ.

Thanks,

James

well i got everything together, and the bike was very hard to start. (180 main with the blue needle in 5th clip, with air fuel in stock setting) i figure it would take a few kicks for the gas to reach the combustion chamber, but it took about 15 kicks to start, it usually starts on the 2nd or 3rd kick. i tried with the choke on (bike was cold), nothing, each time it sounded like it was going to start (run for about a 1/2 second, then die out) i finally got it started with the choke off after 5 or so kicks. i took it for a ride and it runs awesome. the idle was a little low, but smoothe. my question: what needs to be adjusted to get it to start easier? air/fuel mixture? :cry:

Try turning the fuel screw inwards 1/4 turn and ride it again. Make sure the idle speed is adjusted to a slightly fast idle.

James

started on the first kick. i may have flooded it after installing everything. i'll fine tune the a/f screw to get rid of the popping on decel. people can't go wrong with buying your kit with tech support here when you need it. thanks for everything.

:cry: