Sign in to follow this  

400S vs. Gas Gas 450 FSE

OK,

More news, the DR-Z450i can be pre-ordered now by all official Suzuki dealers here in Europe. No need to buy GasGas anymore :thumbsup:

It is the quads engine with FI, but in the frame of the RMZ450.

From the Netherlands they have ordered two on trial, just to see what they are like and how easy the conversion is to plate them.

In Belgium the importer ordered 20 of them. Highly optimistic, because they will be hard to plate. The plating process runs through Italy, where they change some things to the bikes and then they will be reimported to Belgium and/or the Netherlands.

Noppy

At what Cost $$$????? The attraction to the current DRZ is the value for the $$$. If Suzuki is going to want $7000.00 for the ride.... then were right there with Big Blue and Red....

I don't know what costs, but probably a lot more than compared to a DRZ-E. It has a rebuild engine from the RMZ450, I hope tuned down, and another difference is that it has 5 gears instead of 4.

And the major difference is that it has a 42 mm EFI, I presume from Keihin.

Noppy

I've had both bikes, and the GasGas is my choice. The only good thing about the Suzuki is the plethera of aftermarket parts you can choose from to try and make the bike perform like the GasGas.

FYI...the engines are NOT the same.

Update...

My '04 FSE has less than 3 tank fulls in it and I've returned it to the dealer twice now for problems.

1. The throttle cable would pull and rev the engine when I turned the bars to the left.

2. Weak battery and slow (VERY SLOW) to start.

3. Dies after I finally start it and put it into 1st gear.

There is one thing the DRZ has on the FSE...RELIABILITY!!! :cheers:

I've discovered that you can't enjoy a bike you can't ride. :p

Update...

My '04 FSE has less than 3 tank fulls in it and I've returned it to the dealer twice now for problems.

1. The throttle cable would pull and rev the engine when I turned the bars to the left.

2. Weak battery and slow (VERY SLOW) to start.

3. Dies after I finally start it and put it into 1st gear.

There is one thing the DRZ has on the FSE...RELIABILITY!!! :cheers:

I've discovered that you can't enjoy a bike you can't ride. :p

just because you returned your bike for problems, dosen't mean all will have the same issues.

1-cable is ill adjusted(easy fix=5min)

2-my SM came with a crap battery(3 rides and caput)

3-mine had low idle and sloppy clutch adj. and would always do this.(i fixed myself in 15 min)

so with all "problems" fixed, what's still wrong with it? probably nothing major. but on a new bike NOTHING should be bad honestly. but i was pissed about my battery, idle, clutch, etc. also. i didn't however return it and say it's not reliable. that would be wrong as what you did was wrong. setup wasn't right for sure, but reliability was NEVER tested by you in all actuality. so you saying reliability is not good is super false info chuck!

--keith

I have an '08 GG Pampera 450 - quite a basic machine but well finished - awesome low end grunt and the biggest surprise of all is reliability - it is brilliant - never had a problem - yet when I bought it deep down I felt it would never be up to what I had become used to owning Japanese bikes - will definitely own another