Sign in to follow this  

400S vs. Gas Gas 450 FSE

I'll be purchasing a new '05 as they hit the dealers, My choice, was the 400S as it seemed to be the best all around D/S bike on the market for My rides here in North Florida.

That was until I resently saw the GAS GAS 450. The bike seems to have the parts already on it (6-speed, lightness, fuel injection, exhaust, real tires, 50 HP,and easy titleing) that you guy's keep wanting, or having to go to the aftermarket to obtain.

Now granted it is more dollar upfront, but if you add your new parts to try and get the Suzuki there it comes out even.

So My question is, should I stick with the 400S and then trade-in/up '06 IF Suzuki finally modernizes the bike, or go with the rare GAS GAS now?, you know the old saying, "if you keep waiting till next year you never get it"

Bye the way there our dealers for both here in North Florida.

I blew my cdi and got a used one from someone else here for 35$ (it was my fault the cdi blew). It is something you wont be able to do with the gas gas.

A fairer comparison would be with a dual sported drz e. I dont know what titling is like in florida but it is the better option.

IMO fuel injection and dirt bikes dont mix.

I'll be purchasing a new '05 as they hit the dealers, My choice, was the 400S as it seemed to be the best all around D/S bike on the market for My rides here in North Florida.

That was until I resently saw the GAS GAS 450. The bike seems to have the parts already on it (6-speed, lightness, fuel injection, exhaust, real tires, 50 HP,and easy titleing) that you guy's keep wanting, or having to go to the aftermarket to obtain.

Now granted it is more dollar upfront, but if you add your new parts to try and get the Suzuki there it comes out even.

So My question is, should I stick with the 400S and then trade-in/up '06 IF Suzuki finally modernizes the bike, or go with the rare GAS GAS now?, you know the old saying, "if you keep waiting till next year you never get it"

Uh oh... here we go again. As I recall we just had a pretty heated discussion about this a few weeks ago. IMHO buy the GasGas and tell us how it goes. I can't afford a brand new bike but the GG450 looks sweet :cry:. I'm so glad to see some competition for Suzuki. The last time this conversation came up I could not believe some of the replies. Almost made me wonder if some of the members on this forum were some how on the Suzuki payroll :cry:.

I would be worried about parts availability. Where would you get a skid plate, are larger fuel tank from if needed.

It looks the part of being ready to go, and there are some thing I really like about it. My dealer still has the 03 450, he would love to move.

i would stick with a major brand. gas gas are nice bikes. but so were the cannondales. suzuki was the only real street legal bike that was affordable. i wanted to street legalize my hondas (xr650- crf-450) but washington wont let you. the drz was a good deal in my book. i dont think you can get this kind of info you get here on the drz as you can with the gas gas. :cry:

A fairer comparison would be with a dual sported drz e. I dont know what titling is like in florida but it is the better option

Dual sporting a bike with Florida DMV's is impossible. You'd have to do it out of state. :cry:

The fse450 is a drz400e motor with larger bore and a kickstart +1 gear.

Same stroke, same cct (wonder if it's faulty?), same internals.. Same everything.

suzuki isnt my favorite brand.that being said,i wouldnt own a gas gas. :cry:

I don't believe nobody asked !

sooooooo ...

Burned, what is your favorite brand ?

Dimitris

I love my DRZ400E to bits but my next bike will be an 07 GASGAS 450FSE.

Road the 04 then the 06 and can't fault the bike. I know a few people who have them and they would appear to be very reliable.

The 04 GasGas beat the 03 DRZ400E in every aspect. The 06 is better again. The EFI gives very smooth power delivery and the bike ergos are amazing.

The 07 will be my xmas present. :thumbsup:

Did we ever actually confirm that it was a DRZ motor in these bikes? The head looks awefully similar.

Grant

I would also like to find out more info about the similarities between these two motors. I searched, but didn't find anything. I was comparing the fiche between the two, and they look REALLY similar.

........I resently saw the GAS GAS 450. The bike seems to have the parts already on it (6-speed, lightness, fuel injection, exhaust, real tires, 50 HP,and easy titleing) that you guy's keep wanting, or having to go to the aftermarket to obtain.

No one here was able to afford anything but our dated, poor choices. By all means get the GasGas.their support group probably has a deeper bench anyway.

image.php?u=85499&dateline=1143162744

I really like your avatar :ride: Looks like u have loads of money. Loan us some, we want2 buy the GG :thumbsup:

Noppy

Ah, an understandable misinterpretation. I made up the avatar to represent the money pit.

Too, I recognize the fact I should take a chill pill here. I made the choice to get my SM, due in large part to this forum, and all you folk's support and camaraderie. Sometimes I get a little thin skinned by my interpretation of folks queries, for that I apologize.

Why don't you do your research and buy the bike that you want.How can we tell you what you want if you don't even know. Personally I know a person with a GG and parts are really expensive

It's not a Suzuki engine, it's just very similar. I've had this '05 for over a year and can tell you that it is very reliable and if you have a dealer close by then I would highly recommend one. I feel like the EFI is more useful up in the mountains though were it takes some of the headache of changing jets for different altitude rides(which I do often).