Sign in to follow this  

Best OTD Price For KTM 525EXC in California?

I have a friend looking to buy two of these and I don't know much about the KTM being a CRF450 rider and all. Any suggestions would be great.

Also, any comments on the difference between the CRF450X abd the KTM 525 EXC would be great also thanks.

He might even consider buying out of state if registering it in California is still an option if the price is right. I'm figuring some big dealer in Los Angeles is probably the best place to get the lowest price. Who is the largest KTM dealer in California?

Thanks

I paid $8k OTD at KTM of Mojave :cry: :cry:

Don't look at the CRF450X...Brand new bike is bound to have problems. The 525 is the way to go. :cry:

Also, don't even bother with Bert's MegaMall...They'd want 9k for the same bike, and they treat you like crap.

The KTM is 249 without gas, the 450X is 255 dry. Also go check the CRF forum's the unicam design is turning out to be a vavle nightmare. My cousin has about 200,000 miles on his WR400 before he sold it and go a KTM. No way a Honda will go that far. The CRF's are in no way as reiable as a XR, but everyone owning one thinkgs they are.

If you buy a CRF, good luck with the "shim's" and you might want to consider hiring your own personal mechanic.

Cheers,

I just bought an 05 525 MXC from Tulare KTM and Paid $7387 OTD. Great guys at that shop.

Posner

My cousin has about 200,000 miles on his WR400 before he sold it and go a KTM. No way a Honda will go that far. The CRF's are in no way as reiable as a XR, but everyone owning one thinkgs they are.

Too funny bro! 200,000 miles on a WR400? Ya right,id like to get some of the stuff your smokin! And to compare a XR to a CRF is like a one legged man in a ass kicking contest! NO CONTEST! Get a clue and your facts straight. :cry:

I appreciate ALL of the input so far and will pass along to my friend. We have $8,000 OTD at Mojave and $7387 OTD in Tulare. I have to think that somebody in Orange County or Los Angeles has a better price??? Anybody want to chime in?

Tulare and Mojave are much smaller markets which is not to say that is bad but generally bigger is better when it comes to dealer pricing. Any other inputs are greatly appreciated.

As far as the CRF valve problem goes, I think it is over rated. I own a 2003 CRF 450 and ride all of the time and I just checked the valves (again) last week and they haven't moved. I think some have had some problems but it is a small minority from what I've heard on the TT CRF450 board.

From what I hear on the KTM and from what I've read it is a GREAT machine and I'm looking forward to my friend buying them so I can ride it and compare it to my desert outfitted 2003 CRF450 which is AWESOME!!!!

Thanks again for your input.

Anybody want to chime in?

Before you buy local try Cycle Zone or Get a Quote at Ktmtalk.com. Also try the dealer in Mammoth, when we were there for the 250 DS ride he had a full new inventory and seemed like the nicest shop owner we had ever met.

Tim.

Tulare Honda KTM like you said are a good group of enthusiasts and $7387 is a fair price to buy where you can drive to pickup. I live 15 miles away and was misinformed on their best deal so I went to funmart cycle http://www.funmartcycle.com/

luv my 05 525 exc now that I've softened the forks. seems the forks are stiff and the shock is too soft. still think I may go to the next stiffer rear spring. also replace the 42 idle jet with a 48.

Tim Tabor was my contact. 18773897540 email funmartcycle@msn.com great guy who will give you a good buy. I researched many dealers and found the best price delivered from Tim. He shipped my 05 525 exc by fed ex and I had it in 2 days. I paid within a few dollars of the mxc from Tulare so I saved a bit. Probably should a dickered with Tulare and bought locally but some riders I spoke with told me I'd pay 7800 to 8000 otd and that wasn't competitive with funmart.

if you want a license plate it might be worth calling a bunch of dealers from the ktm site to see if one can set you up, might be tough though

set the front fork softer and it is like a dream

$73** is a very good price and only a couple hundy over cost. I paid $7100 for my 04 and that was cost plus tax. Working at a KTM dealer was baaaadddd for me. I spent my paycheck twice ever week...my CC didn't like me too much.

Thee have been good AND bad storys from Tim Tabber.....Check the dealer section on ktmtalk for that though.

I've been looking around for prices on the 450 and the 525 exc's. I'll be getting a new fourstroke for 05 and I haven't decided between the WR or EXC. I have the WR on order but I can always cancel it. So far the best price I've found is between 7000 and 7300 out of state. I can tell you that 7300 OTD for the 525 in California is a good deal, you're not going to find a much better deal than that.

Dan

I've been looking around for prices on the 450 and the 525 exc's. I'll be getting a new fourstroke for 05 and I haven't decided between the WR or EXC. I have the WR on order but I can always cancel it. So far the best price I've found is between 7000 and 7300 out of state. I can tell you that 7300 OTD for the 525 in California is a good deal, you're not going to find a much better deal than that.

Dan

Is that Tim Tabor the ISDE guy? If so he rips on a tight trail. Just speaking from experience of getting passed all day in the Georgia nat'l enduro.

dang your KTM's down there are hella expensive, up here they were between 6 and 7 thousand but our dealership burnt down :cry: so i do all of my stuff through a guy named Bob Collins, if you want a biek that is better than brand new he is the man to talk to

Hi there. I'm a newbee to this board. I'm also considering Buying a KTM. Looking at the 450 or 525 EXC.I was blown away with the prices the local shops want for one of these. I'm in San Jose . I've never riden a KTM which makes it really hard for me to justify spendng 8300.00 on one. Please keep posting the best deals out there. I've been reading as much as I could the last two days on this board ,trying to learn a little more about the bikes. I've got the bug but at 8 grand , I'ts gonna fly away. :cry:

Just got my 05 525MXC delivered today from FUNMART. I have never, ever bought anything that smooth before. Five minutes on the phone and that was it. Four days later in my driveway. The KTM D's downs here want 85 to 87 OTD. Are kidding me. I will wait four days to save 2k plus buy parts from them. No BS here. Cya

Where is Funmart? I did'nt see it as a California dealership . If it's out of state ,does that mean you have to pay the taxes when it gets here? Also ,are all of the 05 exc and mxc's green sticker legal or is it only the ones sold in Cali. I would'nt mind ordering one from out of state but want to make sure that I could register it here. :cry:

I believe the main stickler for registering a bike in California is to make sure its a USA made one and not one from Canada. However someone should pipe up if they have had any problems with an out-of-state bike reg. Let us know.

I emailed Tim Taber at funmart to get a price on a Honda CRF250X and he stated that he was not "allowed" to ship honda's. :cry: Go figure. He didn't leave an explanation so I don't know why. KTM's however are OK to ship. Ciao JP :cry: :cry:

its because the dealers are supposed to sell a bike set up and ready to ride all checked out and everything you cant do that if you get it in a box, honda is covering thier you know what, and yes if you bring a bike into CA from anywhere when you go to register it you will have to pay the sales tax! and if you ever have a problem good luck sending it back to who ever you got it from , personally I get all my bike from D-H out in Modesto, Dave is the best great prices and great service, it's not always about the lowest cost for me. I cant believe anyone got a good deal at IMX though?? must have been lucky I guess.

Mike

Dave at DH is really nice but 8500 o.t.d on a 525 exc is not the best price. That is what I was quoted :cry:. Redwood city is not dealin at all either. I mean at all. Mach one in vallejo is the only dealer I found yet that would budge. I'm still looking.