Sign in to follow this  

ttr 250 Handlebars and jetting

The darndest thing happened the other day, I was riding along and a tree jumped out of the woods and stopped right in front of me and before I knew it I was on the ground and my handlebars were a different shape then when I left. Has anyone had any luck finding a good replacement handlebar for a TTR 250.

Also I have a Pro Circuit T4 exhaust and since installing it wants to bog a little after idle should I rejet, if so any suggestions.

Thanks! :cry: :cry:

I put TAG bars on my TTR. Had to get over sized bar mounts. I've had no problems. Love the bars.

Which bar mounts did you use? Where did you find them,local shop/online?

Did you have any issues re-mounting controls to the new bars?

Thanks!! :cry:

Hope someone answers your jetting problem as I just recieved my exhaust and air filter , not sure how much richer jet to try first. I suppose you couldlower clip on needle to raise it see if that helps but you need more fuel :cry:

I had a similar thing happen, except the ground just happened to open up right bellow me. I put some FLY racing handel bars on it, and I love them. I got the two part aluminum bars in crome. Looks good and feels great. I have not had to rejet my bike even after placing a mega max exhaust on it. I did however have to adjust the needle depth for a similar problem.

I too went with the fly bars and cut them down to 30". Also kep the old Alluminum Bark busters for now. Still tinkering wsith the carb situation and plan on replacing the clutch sometime this week.

Thanks for everyones input-I will be posting another question regarding headlights in another post. :cry: :cry: