Sign in to follow this  

Hmmm weisco makes a 11:1 piston for the TTR90

Anyone tried one of these baby's. They have them in sizes ranging from stock to 5mm overbore (110cc). The 110 is like $110.

I wonder if you would need special gaskets for the larger bores? I know there is company's out there that offer big bore kits for the TTR90 but they are more money than this.

Heck the stock bore 11:1 weisco piston is only like $70. Bet that would make a differance in performance.

Just thinking of more power again... I cant help myself :cry:

Talked to weisco today. They said that the TTR90 should run just fine on 92 octane pump gas. Thats good news. I wouldn't want to run race gas in the sucker.

I would think any of the aftermarket cams would be. Most big bore kits for the TTR90 are nothing more than an overbored high compression piston. That is what Powroll's kit is.

Instead of getting the "kit" you can buy just the piston from Weisco and save a few $. Maybe. The kits come with gaskets. I dont know how much gaskets cost for the little thumper. But it seems its still gonna be cheeper this way.

You're probably right. I was just wondering about the valve clearance on the piston with a higher lift cam. They must have raised the piston height to get the higher compression and the valves are coming lower into the cylinder with the higher lift cam. Sometimes the only way to tell is to buy them and try it out. I've been wanting to do some engine mods to the 90 for a long time. I've got a stock TTR125 carb that I'd like to swap for the little 16mm TTR90 carb, but I've got to fabricate some kind of fitting to make it work. I saw pictures of one that CrowerPower did that has a 20mm Mikuni with a pod filter and a 110cc big bore kit and cam. They have a good price on a cam for both the 90 and 125. web page