Sign in to follow this  

First dirt in 18 years

Just found out I had the weekend off. I've had the bike for 2 years but have just recently got it ready for serious dirt riding and got all my protective gear. I'm heading for Pontotoc in the morning and I'm so excited I just had to share the joy here.

I'm in a similar boat. My last dirt bike was a Suzuki PE175 2-smoke about 20 years ago. I bought my DRZ in 2002 and have been riding a bit locally and tinkering with the bike, but just last weekend I had the first opportunity to do about 40 miles of trail. I had a great time - but need to get used to the NJ sand...the DRZ felt pretty squirrely in it. Not sure if its me or the way the bike's setup.

Anyway...good luck & enjoy!

I know what you mean. My last bike was a '73 Yamaha 175. I bought my DRZ in February, my first bike in 29 years! Since then about three fourths of the miles I've put on it have been on washed out, rocky, rough, and steep trails near Cullowhee, NC. I've got lots of mods now, you know, dents, dings, scratches, and a bent radiator, but I'm having a blast!

Same here.

This was my first bike with a full knobby tire.

I sure do like the bike in every way and the button makes me feel spoiled.

Went on a exploration ride last weekend and did 108 miles in one shot. Made it on a tank of gas and I think my butt may be healed enough for a little ride this saturday. 😢

My last ride was a 83 rm250 when I lived in San Diego. Sold it when I moved here in 87, no place around here to ride.