Sign in to follow this  

Can't find CRD, thinking of Pro Circuit

I have waited weeks for CRD Absolute Performane to arrive from back order. Dealer says can give me Pro Circuit T4 right away. Think is, I have choosen CRD because I know it is quiet (listed as 92db on catalog). Pro circuit has no db indication on their web site. So, anyones know how much loud it is ? I need to be able to use my bike for commuting as well as dirt riding.

Dimitris

Loud.... LOULD .. Did I mention they are very loud? How loud,, never measured it.. but much louder than stock, and louder then my Muzzy. My PC T-4 also had the cheesy "quite" insert,, nothing more than a washer welded to the spark arrester.. It did change the tone,, but not much quieter then without.

If stealth is your desire, skip the PC pipe.

Got a Pro-circuit on my kfx 400 wheeler... and that damn thing is LOUD, VERY LOUD.

Wouldn't like it for the street... :cry:

Load on the street is not my concern...after all...have you ever heard a Harley.

I have the Big Gun Race. They calim it is about 102 Dcb. Never been harrassed about it on the street.

However...I am going on a fall color tour in Clarkesville Arkansas at the end of the month. The bikes are supposed to be quiet in order to not abuse our welcome from homeowners along the forest trails. I am more worried about loosing my offroad priveledges then facing a noise ticket. As such I am think of buying the quiet core repack for the trail ride, and then putting my race pack back in after.

By the way...my buddy down the street has the old Yosh without the tec...and mine is MUCH louder.

I rode down at Chadwick in July and some local on a KTM was showing me the trails. He said "I certainly don't have any trouble knowing if you are still back there!" Fine by me. They hear me coming and stay out of my way. :cry: