Sign in to follow this  

no problems yet?

bought my son 250f in late feb.Have run it every weekend in motocross events across the country sat and sun 1-2 classes per event>the reason i.m posting this is i haven't checked the valves since new.Just changed oil after every ride tran and motor.Both of these bikes seem to run just as fast as they did since new.Plan on buying a450 and another 250.Rode our yam 250f last year and just changed the oil no problems either.How often should i check the valves?if any,Thanks

First of all, changing oil after every ride is overkill. And you should check your valves.

Not when you bike hold less that a quart of oil its not. At $7.25 per quart its cheap insurance!!! :cry:

I hear this alot about people changing oil every ride.

That's fine but how long are these rides?

I change mine about every 6 hours of trail riding.

My valves are still in spec after almost 45 hours now.I check em about every 10 hours.

:cry:

Not when you bike hold less that a quart of oil its not. At $7.25 per quart its cheap insurance!!! :cry:

Your oil is THAT cheap? Wow... its SAE 10W-40 oil right? Fully synthetic?

bought my son 250f in late feb.Have run it every weekend in motocross events across the country sat and sun 1-2 classes per event>the reason i.m posting this is i haven't checked the valves since new.Just changed oil after every ride tran and motor.Both of these bikes seem to run just as fast as they did since new.Plan on buying a450 and another 250.Rode our yam 250f last year and just changed the oil no problems either.How often should i check the valves?if any,Thanks

I have had the same experience with my CRF. I have been very pleased with this bike... even bought my bike the same month you did, late feb. I love Thumpertalk, but I have not been here much lately, because frankly, it's depressing to hear everyone complain so often. I feel bad for those people, but sometimes I would rather read tips or tricks about how to improve an already awesome bike. Unfortunately, that's not what I have been reading. TO be honest, I studied all the 250fs for 6 months before I bought one, getting info from everywhere I could. I knew the pluses and minuses of each 250F before I bought it... and I am lucky that I haven't had to go through some of those things. I change my oil often as well, and will check my valves in the off season. I really love this bike! As a matter of fact,think I am gonna go ride now! :cry:

-Sterling