Sign in to follow this  

opinions on exhaust for wr

I have an 02 wr250 with 03 cam and free mods. Soon to be 03 yzf cam "next week". I currently have an unpluged stock exhaust sys. OK performance but to loud. I want something with same or better performance, spark arester, and less noise than unpluged stock pipe. I have read all the current threads on exhaust and dr.d, fmf fact 4, pro circut t-4 all seem to be popular. How do these pipes compare noise wise. Thanks in advance for all your input. :cry:

correct me if im wrong but the DR.D will be louder than a stock pipe

FMF do make one pipe its alot quieter but does sacrifice some performance it's called the "Q" i have read some people have it but are a bit disapointed in performace loss

I would go with the DR. D.My friend had a 02 WR and put one on, and the thing was awesome with it.It didn't seem that loud, but I don't know how many decibels it was.

You could try the GYTR insert or the Pro Moto Billet insert. They sacrifice a little performance but its very little. I've got the GYTR and when I take it out I can tell its out. It revs a little free and a gets into the higher rpms a little faster.

I have a Dr. D on my YZ250F and I really like it. I also have the quiet core insert for it which limits the db level to approx. 96db's.