Sign in to follow this  

Moto Hawaii Tour Write Up...

Yesterday Puinsai_5, Duane and I went on the Moto Hawaii Tour on the island of Kauai. We met up with TT member pgr11.

Before I go any further I'd like to thank Jeff Guest, Billy and Derek for an awesome day. The tour is first class all the way. You start off from an incredible place on the North Shore of Kauai and straight into the dirt. The views are spectacular and the riding is first rate. If you want an easy day Jeff can give it to you. If you want a medium difficulty day that's OK too. Or if you want to challenge yourself he can put together a route to keep you sweating but smiling all day long.

We opted for a pretty mellow to medium start of the day so Jeff could see the riding ability of all of us. I think the Hawaii guys passed with flying colors. A guy named Mike from Michigan was having some troubles with the slippery clay and pgr11 from Hisperia CA was doing just fine.

By the end of the day however, things began to become clear. If you want a all mellow day in the mountains, don't bring Torture and his crew. :p By the end of the day we all had a great time and that's all I got to say about that.

Moto Hawaii gets 2 big thumbs up! :cry:;) If you come to Hawaii YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TOUR!

Moto Hawaii Tour Information

PGR11 at the start of the day

1-Chris%20pgr11.jpg

One slippery a$$ jeep road! ;)

2-Power%20Line.jpg

Pgr11 (Chris) having a blast!

3-pgr11%20on%20pwerline.jpg

The ability level of the group allowed us to go places like this...

Jeff will cater to the groups ability... :cry:

4-mud%20hole%20to%20blue%20hole.jpg

Here our guide Jeff and Billy get unstuck. The mud

holes are a epic top notch MUD HOLE RATING!!! :cry:

5-mud%20pull.jpg

Duane avoiding the SUCTION... :cry:

6-duane%20mud.jpg

Longtime Kauai rider Billy was an awesome sweep rider. :cry:

7-Billy%20tree.jpg

This place was AWESOME. Wash all the mud off and the water

temp is perfect. That's Jeff with the helmet and Derek landing the flip in the back. :cry:

8-blue%20hole.jpg

Mike from Michigan pinned. Not wide open but pinned

under his bike. :cry: :cry:

9-mike%20down.jpg

P_5 in a beautiful crossing. Nice slippery rocks.

10-brian%20crossing.jpg

P_5 roosting water hard. :cry:

11-brian%20water%20roost.jpg

Duane getting the bike clean.

12-duane%20splash.jpg

At this point in the day Pgr11 was starting to get worked.

If you look good he's right below the middle of the picture.

13-pgr11%20pushing.jpg

The views are mind blowing! This place alone is worth the price of addmission. :cry::lol:

14-kalepa%20view.jpg

Funner than SH*T!!!!!! :cry:

15-the%20bowl.jpg

Ooops! :lol: I won't tell you who this is but his name rhymes with Geff Jest. :lol:

16-jeff%20stuck.jpg

After pounding out some trails in one area I really wanted Pgr11

to see some REAL trails. We just took a quicky to give him an idea...

17-anahola.jpg

The move of the day!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry::lol:

Duane looped it in the rut. :lol: :lol: :lol:

18-duane%20stuck.jpg

All in all a really fun day with cool vibes and good company. Thanks to all including Chris (Pgr11) for the smiles... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i don't think i ever want to ride with you guys. looks more like work than fun. :cry:

Torture, is this the tour outfit that just got a write up in one of the Dirt bike magazines? Oh and, you're a sick f*&@! :cry:

Torture, is this the tour outfit that just got a write up in one of the Dirt bike magazines? Oh and, you're a sick f*&@! :cry:

YES and uhhh YES!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Torture: That was a blast! As Phil Oveland said two thumbs up to the Torture crew from Oahu :cry: :cry:.You guys rock.

I laughed all the way home and even last night before bed about Duanes upside down loop-out in that rut. That was one of the funniest moments in MotoHawaii history.

Aloha!

You guys are nuts. Great pics! That stuff re-defines riding for me. Swimming in the river with full gear kinda sums up the level of abuse you endured. Amazing terrain!

13 of us from Maui went over to Kauai and rode with Jeff and the boys on Labor Day. Moto Hawaii is everything you can imagine- from insanely slippery mud to tight off camber rocky guava tree trails! The boys know how to style there. Jeff's program is one not to miss. Plan your next vacation to ride with him and you will have smiling memories for a lifetime. :cry:

Excellent pics and comments Torture! I hadn't seen any pics posted by you in awhile. As consistently good as your pics are, I was really "jonesin" for more! These hit the spot! :cry:

-Mike

WOW!!! Thanks for sharing, Torture! Great pics, looks like a F'in helluva awesome time. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hmmm someday.......

Boy's as good as the pics are being there is waaaaayyyyy better :cry:

I think we should get a Island TT ride started.

I see that they are doing annual tt rides on the mainland so why not here ?

If anybody is interested, this is a little something I did for Adventur Rider,It took place on another Hawaiian Island, Lani. Possibly even better than Kauai. Don't let these photos fool you.

Will be going back next week to tackle some of the single track action

MauiDRZ

Lani Hawaii

MotoHO,

I will be in Kauai next March, and I want to ride. I left a message on your web site seeking information/confirmation of reservation, and I never heard a word back? I am coming with my family for a week, but I will probably have to ride alone (they couldn't handle anything too hard).

How should I go about setting something up?