Sign in to follow this  

Moto Hawaii Tour Write Up...

Yesterday Puinsai_5, Duane and I went on the Moto Hawaii Tour on the island of Kauai. We met up with TT member pgr11.

Before I go any further I'd like to thank Jeff Guest, Billy and Derek for an awesome day. The tour is first class all the way. You start off from an incredible place on the North Shore of Kauai and straight into the dirt. The views are spectacular and the riding is first rate. If you want an easy day Jeff can give it to you. If you want a medium difficulty day that's OK too. Or if you want to challenge yourself he can put together a route to keep you sweating but smiling all day long.

We opted for a pretty mellow to medium start of the day so Jeff could see the riding ability of all of us. I think the Hawaii guys passed with flying colors. A guy named Mike from Michigan was having some troubles with the slippery clay and pgr11 from Hisperia CA was doing just fine.

By the end of the day however, things began to become clear. If you want a all mellow day in the mountains, don't bring Torture and his crew. :p By the end of the day we all had a great time and that's all I got to say about that.

Moto Hawaii gets 2 big thumbs up! :cry:;) If you come to Hawaii YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TOUR!

Moto Hawaii Tour Information

PGR11 at the start of the day

1-Chris%20pgr11.jpg

One slippery a$$ jeep road! ;)

2-Power%20Line.jpg

Pgr11 (Chris) having a blast!

3-pgr11%20on%20pwerline.jpg

The ability level of the group allowed us to go places like this...

Jeff will cater to the groups ability... :cry:

4-mud%20hole%20to%20blue%20hole.jpg

Here our guide Jeff and Billy get unstuck. The mud

holes are a epic top notch MUD HOLE RATING!!! :cry:

5-mud%20pull.jpg

Duane avoiding the SUCTION... :cry:

6-duane%20mud.jpg

Longtime Kauai rider Billy was an awesome sweep rider. :cry:

7-Billy%20tree.jpg

This place was AWESOME. Wash all the mud off and the water

temp is perfect. That's Jeff with the helmet and Derek landing the flip in the back. :cry:

8-blue%20hole.jpg

Mike from Michigan pinned. Not wide open but pinned

under his bike. :cry: :cry:

9-mike%20down.jpg

P_5 in a beautiful crossing. Nice slippery rocks.

10-brian%20crossing.jpg

P_5 roosting water hard. :cry:

11-brian%20water%20roost.jpg

Duane getting the bike clean.

12-duane%20splash.jpg

At this point in the day Pgr11 was starting to get worked.

If you look good he's right below the middle of the picture.

13-pgr11%20pushing.jpg

The views are mind blowing! This place alone is worth the price of addmission. :cry::lol:

14-kalepa%20view.jpg

Funner than SH*T!!!!!! :cry:

15-the%20bowl.jpg

Ooops! :lol: I won't tell you who this is but his name rhymes with Geff Jest. :lol:

16-jeff%20stuck.jpg

After pounding out some trails in one area I really wanted Pgr11

to see some REAL trails. We just took a quicky to give him an idea...

17-anahola.jpg

The move of the day!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry::lol:

Duane looped it in the rut. :lol: :lol: :lol:

18-duane%20stuck.jpg

All in all a really fun day with cool vibes and good company. Thanks to all including Chris (Pgr11) for the smiles... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How come you guys plan a TT ride on my island, and nobody let's the "Balls" know? Moto Hawaii runs a pretty mellow "generic" trail ride. Not taking anything away from it, but hook up with some locals for some root tearing, hill climbing, mud bogging, river-crossing action! :cry:

How come you guys plan a TT ride on my island, and nobody let's the "Balls" know? Moto Hawaii runs a pretty mellow "generic" trail ride. Not taking anything away from it, but hook up with some locals for some root tearing, hill climbing, mud bogging, river-crossing action! :cry:

I thought you were on Maui. We'll be back for sure with our own bikes and we will ride the real trails too. I'll invite my friend Darren Machado and Billy for sure. :cry: :cry: Maybe Taj for some Omao... :cry:

You gotta understand that visiting riders are paying for a tour not to be punished all day. I have no doubt Pgr11 had the perfect ride and amount of riding too. :lol:

Hey, Billy and Marvin and those guys are coming to race the Turkey Trot. The last one ever!! Get your butt over here and die with us! :lol::cry:

I don't think my pretty little CRF with all my moto-goodies can hack trail riding, not in Hawaii for that matter! Maybe I'll just claim my friend's '97 CR250 one day! You know Wendall Packard? It's his old bike.

I don't think my pretty little CRF with all my moto-goodies can hack trail riding, not in Hawaii for that matter! Maybe I'll just claim my friend's '97 CR250 one day! You know Wendall Packard? It's his old bike.

Wait a minute. First you say this...

but hook up with some locals for some root tearing, hill climbing, mud bogging, river-crossing action! :cry:

I thought you meant YOU were gonna take us. I spent plenty time suffering in Hare & Hounds and at the Mauna Kea 200 with the boyz from Kauai. Are you sure its the bike holding you back??? I can get you a bike if you come with us there. Be ready to do what you said above. :cry:

Hey man, I never said I was a trail rider! I suck at trails, but I'd bust anyone else's bike but my own! :cry: MX is a different story though. Looks like you guys rode powerline road starting from the North shore, and came out by Loop Road up above sleeping giant mountain. That red dirt area is Kalepa Mountain range. You guys definitely did some LONG trail rides! Looks really fun, as long as the bike's not your own, that is! :cry:

looks good, id have to give my recemendations for the island of lanai, small island, i lived there a while, all dirt roads, end to end of that island, would make for a great ride, i wish i could afford to ship my self and my bike over there for a couple of weeks.

:cry: Where does Furry Balls arrive at his opinion of the MotoHawaii tour? "Generic"? MotoHawaii can put a tour together that can cover lots of different terrain and from easy to very difficult. They can also put together multiple days of the most grueling trails you can imagine. It is far from generic! Furry should saddle up and check out one of the "generic" tours. He will be calling "uncle" before lunch time! :cry:

Generic? I don't think so! They run a great program. If you wanted to ride the nastiest hawaii trails, jeff can take you. Torture was right I had just the right amount of pain for my first time, The harder it got the more beat I was, but loved every minute. I wish we had trails like that here with more time I know I could progress in that stuff. I love that kind of riding. But one thing for sure is moto hawaii is not generic :cry:

I think fuzzy balls really doesnt have clue.

He`s chewing on some old boot right now thinking damn I should have just kept my mouth shut and stayed off this thread.

You know fuzzy I heard crow tastes good with a little sho yu.

Never talk sh%t until youve actually been on the tour . :cry:

I think fuzzy balls really doesnt have clue.

He`s chewing on some old boot right now thinking damn I should have just kept my mouth shut and stayed off this thread.

You know fuzzy I heard crow tastes good with a little sho yu.

Never talk sh%t until youve actually been on the tour . :cry:

Well put :cry:

Whatever! Sounds like some employees for Moto Hawaii posting here! Maybe we should start a trail riding forum here for you guys. Got Bark Busters? :cry: :cry:

Whatever! Sounds like some employees for Moto Hawaii posting here! Maybe we should start a trail riding forum here for you guys. Got Bark Busters? :cry: :cry:

Hey mister fuzzy huevos. Forget those guys come riding with me. I'll take you to a great track with loam and beautiful berms and jumps. We gotta go thru a short trail to get there... :cry:

Hey man, I never said I was a trail rider! I suck at trails, but I'd bust anyone else's bike but my own! :lol: MX is a different story though. :cry:

How did you do in the Labor Day MX race? I was there that weekend....

:lol:

:cry::lol: :lol: :lol::cry: :cry: :cry: