Sign in to follow this  

yamaha 360 enduro

Anyone know what model a "yamaha 360 enduro" could possibly be? There is one for sale pretty cheap in the local paper and I'm trying to figure out what it is. Also says "its stuck in 2nd". :cry:

Probably a 1970 Yamaha RT-1 360 Enduro If in good condition would be a great find for someone who cut their dirt teeth on Yamaha enduros.

Also, stuck in the 70's should be in that ad.

Back in the 1970's, maybe into the 1980, Yamaha made the 360 Enduro. I have the 175 version. 2-stroke, street legal, it's the old dual-sport.

Do a web search for Yamaha DT1 and you'll find photos of the old 2-stroke.

Enduro-360-RT1.jpg

If I remember correctly, it went like this:

AT-1 = 125cc

CT-1 = 175cc ( my first bike!)

DT-1 = 250cc

RT-1 = 360cc

Hope this helps,

Michael

I had one of those bad boys back in 1975 ! Great bike :cry: (in its time) :cry: I used it more on road than off road. On the street, it was a ton of fun.

What are they asking for it???

Good luck to ya.....

if you get it, they are exceeding common for shearing off woodruff keys.

two mates of mine had one each, i rode an 84 dr250 at the time and these felt like they weighed about another half again.

also very prone to fouling plugs, if you are going to use it for trail riding, take a couple and a plug spanner with you.

I'm not sure on that year bike?, but on the late 70,s and early 80,s bikes if you removed the shift lever you could push the shifting shaft inward and it would disengage from the ratchet assy. on the primary drive side, pretty easy to fix if you have decent mechanical skills????. I'm just geusing as I've I've seen this problem on 70,s and early 80,s YZ,s and IT,s. :cry:

My brother owned the 360 back in 75. What i do remember is if it backfired while you were kicking it would damn near break your leg.

Haha! That was my first bike, I still have it sitting under the porch, it is a friggin tank. It still runs very well except I shattered the clutch cover (awful design, but good for its day)

Get it! they are great fun.

Also for the stuck in 2nd thing: my RT1 had a shifter shaft that went all the way through the case and stuck out on each side so you could mount the shifter on either side, yet the rear brake didnt have an option to be moved left :cry: occasionally I would bump it too hard on something and it would slide through and the C-keeper would get chewed up and let it slide sideways so it would be stuck in whatever gear it was in. That is rather likely but there could be other problems.

Later,

Dan