Looking for opinions....

Yeah, I know the saying about opinions..."they're like ***holes...everyone has one and they all stink".....

And this question is like asking someone whether they like Ford or Chevy better...there's no right answer, or maybe there is....

Tires...I've got the tires the came from the factory...needless to say...I need to replace them. I'm looking for a DOT rated tire, 90% dirt, 10% street. Most of my riding is hard pack dirt, rocks, etc..some mud. Suggestions? Any to stay away from?

What about tire sizes? Doesn't appear to be too many in the exact size recommended by Suzuki.

All ya gotta do is use the search function on tires and go down and select all,,,hope ya have some good drugs because you will be there for the next 3 days lookin at what comes up ? :cry:. you can go considerably larger on the rear,,,I am running a 140 now. As long as ya follow the 21 and 18 you can vary the width from factory tire. there are a lot of opinions and it depends on whaer ya ride,,,90% dirt you should go with a fairly agressive tire. It is a trade-off,,,good for the road=not good for dirt and visa versa. ?

Just fitted Michelin's Comp 3 Enduro rear in a 140 with a Comp 4 front. I can confirm that 140 will squeeze in there - you have to angle the wheel to nudge it past the brake caliper but it's OK once you've done that.

The Comp 3 is as agressive as the MT21 as I've compared them side by side.

Oh, and buy some big tyre levers, fit them yourself (instructions here ) and you'll be able to do it yourself if you get a flat somewhere on the trail. I was amazed how easy it was to change them myself.

Cheers

Ian

Can you get a ticket for running straight dirt tires? I only pop out on the roads once in a blue moon! I hit gravel roads all the time but thats not the same. Any how i run bridgestones and don't really notice a differece from pavment to dirt. I know they wear down faster but I like it to bite in the dirt.I had some cops behind me a few times and was wondering ?

Amen on the Kenda. Trackmaster II in 120/80 - 18 on the rear for a tad over $40 + shp can not be beat in my opinion. They are very aggressive offroad tread and if your riding is 90% dirt, I would recommend it.

?

k760 trakmasters (kenda) a lot cheaper and more aggresive.

anyone who says that a dunlop 606 or pirelli mt21 is an "agressive" tire has not ridden on or even looked at a kend trakmaster. I had a 606 rear and hated it. It was ok for the street, but in anything except for perfect conditions in wet dirt it was terrible imho.

For the price, Try a kenda. Pirelli makes several dot legal front tires that are very agressive. The mt 18 is great as is the mt83.

Amen on the Kenda. Trackmaster II in 120/80 - 18 on the rear for a tad over $40 + shp can not be beat in my opinion. They are very aggressive offroad tread and if your riding is 90% dirt, I would recommend it.

?

k760 trakmasters (kenda) a lot cheaper and more aggresive.

When my stock E tires wore out, I switched to the Kenda Trakmasters because I very occasionally ride on the road. I never really noted much difference from the stock Dunlops and they are much cheaper, even in ? :cry: