Sign in to follow this  

Case savers got me home.

Saved me from a big hole in the case, but my shift lever did dent it

enough to cause a 2 inch long hairline crack in the case

from point of impact back to one of the bolts.

Got my saver off, cleaned it all up and JB welded the crack.

Waiting for it to cure then Ill see if its sealed & slap the

saver back on.

Thanks CFC, you let me get home with a slow drip oil leak

instead of a gushing hole in my case...!!!

Us kicker guys get screwed. Sure wish I could fit a pair onto my non-E offroad kicker.

Out of curiosity did you go down or did you whack something to cause this? My cfc 's have taken some small hits but my skid plate seems to usually stop oncoming objects before they get a chance to mingle with the controls!CfC make me feel good and safe on the trail :cry:

Went down on a fireroad that had a mix of old asphalt & hardpack.

Some HUGE potholes caught me off guard after a fast sweeper & I started

bouncing around like a bull rider... Whacked the shift lever pretty

good during the 20 foot or so slide.

Guys I just ordered the Case savers from TT a few minutes ago and was wondering what it is that you use to glue them on with and where can you pick it up at? :cry:

Same thing happened to me last week. Bike fell off side stand and the shifter punched a hole threw the CFC and the case. The silicon used to secure the CFC kept it from leaking to much. I road almost 100 miles home like that. The DRZ is a damn good machine, but those side cases are ridiculous. I've owned Honda's and KTM's and never broke a side case.

Guys I just ordered the Case savers from TT a few minutes ago and was wondering what it is that you use to glue them on with and where can you pick it up at? :cry:

Permatex 16B is what you need if Im not mistaken. That is what

I remember getting. Any good autoparts store should have it, I think

I got it @ pepboys when kragen didnt have it.

I just modified the clutch side to fit on my brothers KTM ! They saved my :cry: about 35 mile from my house I hit a rock so hard the cfc popped off and and was wadded up you could see where the skid plate and case took a big hit and the case had a small crack that I was able to get under control with some JB weld, leaked stoped and I was on my way home! Without cfc's I think that rock would have smashed the case and probably mashed the stater......Thank you CFC's!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Us kicker guys get screwed. Sure wish I could fit a pair onto my non-E offroad kicker.

They do fit the kicker, just not perfect. The clutch side is the same. The magneto cover just hangs over the edge a little bit - no big deal. Not perfect, but better than a gash in the cover.