Sign in to follow this  

Hey 05 guy's

For those saying how great the 05 suspenders are... how much are you weighing in at?

Would the springs have to be changed for us 225 lb'ers?

I just had my valves and springs done 5 months ago by FC... should I swap out the springs and valving ( if it can be done) or just the springs..... or do you think I could just leave it all stock?

You could swap your 03 stuff over to your 05, but you better leave it up to your suspension tuner. There are no major differences between the 04 and 05 suspensions except for softer fork springs and stiffer mid speed valving. You will definately have to go with stiffer springs on the 05, I weigh in at almost 190 and needed a 5.6 shock spring and .47 fork springs you definately need a stiffer shock spring than the stocker.

I was going to swap... but I hear the front caliper mounts are different and the front axle is pulled back for better geometry.

the 05's come with 47 fork springs right? the 5.5 rear is not enough for 190? who has good shock springs? does 200lbs need 5.6 or higher? is there a 5.7? will it get "springy"?

MX-tech '04

Your stock fork spring rate is.....47kg/mm

Your stock shock spring rate is....5.5kg/mm

Your recommended shock spring rate is....5.46kg/mm

Your recommended fork spring rate is....0.4611kg/mm

Really? the manual says 46? anyone here with an 04 know what theirs are? At 205 its already telling me im too heavy for the fork springs? Is this true?

I weigh in at 225 without gear and FC recommended 5.7 shock spring and .48 fork springs. Just ordered them and hope to have in before the race this weekend.