Sign in to follow this  

How much are you selling your 04's for

For those of you selling your 04's to upgrade how much whats the going rate these days? I am considering an upgrade but am trying to figure out how much it is going to cost me.

Average in the Mid-Atlantic region seems to be around $4500. Can get an '05 for around $5950 OTD if I wait for the next wave. Still debating waht to do w/the '04 as I have less than 30 hours on it & it is setup perfect. $1400 isn't bad considering that I could easily spend that if something goes awry in the valve train.

I'm sure once I ride my buddies '05, I'll want one!

Hey, I've gotta try it! I know I'll want one, but I usually try to make the best decision dollar wise that I can. I think w/the RMZ entering the mix that there may be a few more '05 CRF's on the dealer floors come January. If I can move mine for $4800 or so, I'd probably take the plunge!

Regarding the $5950 OTD, shop around and you'd be surprised. I bought my '04 last September for $5810 OTD. Had to go out of state (50 miles)to avoid sales tax, but it was well worth it. I have a couple places that will give me a similar (+-) deal when the second wave comes from Honda. If I wanted one today, I couldn't get this deal! To get this pricing "cash is king!" I make every attempt not to finance.

Good Luck!

I sold mine for 6800 euros ($8364) :cry: couple weeks ago. New 2004 bike, but engine used 5 hours.

Store price for new '04 is 9070 euros ($11156) in here. :cry:

Hey, I've gotta try it! I know I'll want one, but I usually try to make the best decision dollar wise that I can. I think w/the RMZ entering the mix that there may be a few more '05 CRF's on the dealer floors come January. If I can move mine for $4800 or so, I'd probably take the plunge!

Regarding the $5950 OTD, shop around and you'd be surprised. I bought my '04 last September for $5810 OTD. Had to go out of state (50 miles)to avoid sales tax, but it was well worth it. I have a couple places that will give me a similar (+-) deal when the second wave comes from Honda. If I wanted one today, I couldn't get this deal! To get this pricing "cash is king!" I make every attempt not to finance.

Good Luck!

I do pay cash. I also live in the same region as you. I'm still not sure were going to see too many 05's go for the price you state.

What are others paying OTD for their 2005 CRF450's ??

Picking mine up tomorrow!!!! $6800 OTD

You can do better than $6800 OTD if you're doing a cash deal! Additionally, a cash deal out of state will negate the sales tax as there is no need to title a dirt bike. You could save approx $500 by purchasing through Motorcycle Brokers. The $500 could cover alot of chi chi's. Even if your dealer is fantastic, I'd have a problem paying that much. Believe me, when I rode YZ's I made every attempt to deal w/the same dealer year after year and he took care of me. When I switched to Honda last year, I didn't have any dealer relationships, so I shopped & shopped and it paid off. If you need a bike now, you're at the mercy of the dealer as there aren't that many out yet and the RMZ hasn't hit the streets.

Best of luck w/the new bike.

You can do better than $6800 OTD if you're doing a cash deal! Additionally, a cash deal out of state will negate the sales tax as there is no need to title a dirt bike.

that depends on where you live and whether you ride on public land.

Good points.

You guys in Cali have it tough when it comes to bike prices. As well, I only ride on private land or closed course MX tracks so no need to title.

Hey...those of you guys selling your 04's to get the 05.

I want your 20mm offsets. Wanta sell it?

The 05 already comes with 22mm offsets this year, right?

Lucky bastards! :cry:

The net offset may be 22mm, but the clamp isnt what they changed. They changed the axel lug on the bottom of the fork. So the forks still travel around a larger arc in the clamps, but the wheel travels a slightly smaller one.

I wonder if you can buy the axel lugs separate :cry: