SDG seat won't fit?

Has anyone else had problems getting their SDG seats to fit?

I bought the tall model and it's mounting against a IMS large tank. I have filed the aluminum tabs that are right in front of the airbox, trimmed the front area out where it attaches to the tank. The cover is already starting to tear.

It is very difficult to determine where the interference is due to the tank covering the area during installation attempts. The seat bolts will not align with the frame by about a tenth of an inch. 3 hours spent and it still will not fit. I better quit now before I really start venting...

I've got the exact same setup (IMS tank) and also had a hell of a time getting the seat to fit. I've heard others say the fit of these seats is hit and miss. Took a 2x4 and a rubber mallot to the rear of the seat to bang it forward enough to just bearly get the bolts threaded (not smart, wouldn't recommend it). I have 30+ hrs. on my tall seat and it's held up fine (as has the seat on my DRZ with 100+ hrs on it). Don't know what you guys do to rip up the covers, but I don't have that problem (and I wear knee braces).

If it is the right seat, try covering the end of the seat with a towel and tapping it with a rubber mallet. Another thing that helps is opening up (grinding out) the opening that slides into the tank bracket. Hope this helps. My seat was a pain for the first five air filter changes but got much better after that. ?