Sign in to follow this  

Bike Wanted: CCM 350 Trials

I saw a 1978, I think that they made them for a couple of years. I am in Northern Illinois. Thanks.

Very cool. Whats the story on CCM: where were they made, what does it weigh, how does it ride, and where do you get parts? :applause:

Thanks for your teasing reply, stochholm. That's ok, I gave up not too long after I started this post. I thought that I would like to enter vintage events on one of these, a state of the art bike that was a four stroke. The couple of replies that I got, from other web sites, were both from Europe. They were both museum-quality restorations, one guy wanted $8000, I think the other was like $10,000. I told them no thanks, I'm looking for a bike to ride, not a sculpture for display with a "Please, no fingerprints" sign on it.

It seems that every time that I express interest in a bike from my yute, all of a sudden the owners get visions of getting rich off of me. I think it's all the fault of Antiques Roadshow. ["I got this CCM 350 from my uncle, he lost both legs and one arm from it backfiring when he tried to kickstart it. It's been under our cow pattie pile ever since." "oh, we're so glad you brought it by today. That's an interesting story. So do you have any idea of its value?" "More than cow poop?" "We would conservatively estimate that at auction, it would bring $250,000-$300,000." " Oh, wow, I never knew. Thank-you." "Thank-you."]

So next time that I get an idea like this, I'll scan ebay and all the classifieds, instead of letting the enemy know that I'm in the market. Oh, well.

After doing a bit of research.....and considered the price of the vintage hondas, you'd have to be lucky to find one and even luckier to get it cheap.

After doing a bit of research.....and considered the price of the vintage hondas, you'd have to be lucky to find one and even luckier to get it cheap.

I guess you're right. I think that being vintage myself is affecting my perception of value other vintage things.

I'd say at the least you have damn good taste. That is a very cool ride.