Moto Hawaii Pics

Yesterday Puinsai_5, Duane and I went on the Moto Hawaii Tour on the island of Kauai. We met up with TT member pgr11.

Before I go any further I'd like to thank Jeff Guest, Billy and Derek for an awesome day. The tour is first class all the way. You start off from an incredible place on the North Shore of Kauai and straight into the dirt. The views are spectacular and the riding is first rate. If you want an easy day Jeff can give it to you. If you want a medium difficulty day that's OK too. Or if you want to challenge yourself he can put together a route to keep you sweating but smiling all day long.

We opted for a pretty mellow to medium start of the day so Jeff could see the riding ability of all of us. I think the Hawaii guys passed with flying colors. A guy named Mike from Michigan was having some troubles with the slippery clay and pgr11 from Hisperia CA was doing just fine.

By the end of the day however, things began to become clear. If you want a all mellow day in the mountains, don't bring Torture and his crew. :p By the end of the day we all had a great time and that's all I got to say about that.

Moto Hawaii gets 2 big thumbs up! :cry:;) If you come to Hawaii YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TOUR!

Moto Hawaii Tour Information

PGR11 at the start of the day

1-Chris%20pgr11.jpg

One slippery a$$ jeep road! ;)

2-Power%20Line.jpg

Pgr11 (Chris) having a blast!

3-pgr11%20on%20pwerline.jpg

The ability level of the group allowed us to go places like this...

Jeff will cater to the groups ability... :cry:

4-mud%20hole%20to%20blue%20hole.jpg

Here our guide Jeff and Billy get unstuck. The mud

holes are a epic top notch MUD HOLE RATING!!! :cry:

5-mud%20pull.jpg

Duane avoiding the SUCTION... :cry:

6-duane%20mud.jpg

Longtime Kauai rider Billy was an awesome sweep rider. :cry:

7-Billy%20tree.jpg

This place was AWESOME. Wash all the mud off and the water

temp is perfect. That's Jeff with the helmet and Derek landing the flip in the back. :cry:

8-blue%20hole.jpg

Mike from Michigan pinned. Not wide open but pinned

under his bike. :lol::cry:

9-mike%20down.jpg

P_5 in a beautiful crossing. Nice slippery rocks.

10-brian%20crossing.jpg

P_5 roosting water hard. :lol:

11-brian%20water%20roost.jpg

Duane getting the bike clean.

12-duane%20splash.jpg

At this point in the day Pgr11 was starting to get worked.

If you look good he's right below the middle of the picture.

13-pgr11%20pushing.jpg

The views are mind blowing! This place alone is worth the price of addmission. :cry: :cry:

14-kalepa%20view.jpg

Funner than SH*T!!!!!! :cry:

15-the%20bowl.jpg

Ooops! :lol: I won't tell you who this is but his name rhymes with Geff Jest. :cry:

16-jeff%20stuck.jpg

After pounding out some trails in one area I really wanted Pgr11

to see some REAL trails. We just took a quicky to give him an idea...

17-anahola.jpg

The move of the day!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Duane looped it in the rut. :lol: :lol: :lol:

18-duane%20stuck.jpg

All in all a really fun day with cool vibes and good company. Thanks to all including Chris (Pgr11) for the smiles... :lol::cry: :cry: :cry:

Great pics! Ha, ha, that last one looks like the rut is eating him! :cry: Must have sucked riding around all day soaking wet after your river bath **squish, squish, squish**. :cry:

Just watched Dirt Rider Adventure on OLN and saw Jeff Guest riding with McGrath, Hatch, Albertyn and some others. That looks like a killer ride. Saw some of the same places you have pictures of. :cry: :cry:

That place looks incredible! Ruts, mud, water, hills, scenery, more mud.....awesome!

I brought this post back up cause its time to go back there and ride our brains out! Last time we did the one day thing but had so much fun we missed our flight home. I miss Kauai and just got a PM from another TT member that rode the tour which makes me miss it more!

This time I wanna ride the West side with the Moto Hawaii guys. I never got to ride that part of Kauai and I hear from a reliable source its incredible. Well, I better give Jeff a call and see if we can book a tour... I'll take plenty of pictures of course!!

Moto Hawaii Tour Link

Thanks for the pics, I did pretty much the same ride with Jeff 2 yrs ago before he had the boys helping him. I think I was his 2nd paying customer. He set me up on the WR250, at the time it had less than 100 miles on it. Did he take you guys on the race course that goes through the old cane fields, or over to the seaside trails? The mud holes on the top of the powerline trails got both of us stuck a few times, and that is some of the slipperiest clay I've ridden anywhere. Unfortunately we didn't stop to take many pics, so it was nice to see yours. I recognized a lot of the places.

Anyone going to Kauai has to do this, one of the most memorable rides of my life :cry::cry:

Thanks for the pics, I did pretty much the same ride with Jeff 2 yrs ago before he had the boys helping him. I think I was his 2nd paying customer. He set me up on the WR250, at the time it had less than 100 miles on it. Did he take you guys on the race course that goes through the old cane fields, or over to the seaside trails? The mud holes on the top of the powerline trails got both of us stuck a few times, and that is some of the slipperiest clay I've ridden anywhere. Unfortunately we didn't stop to take many pics, so it was nice to see yours. I recognized a lot of the places.

Anyone going to Kauai has to do this, one of the most memorable rides of my life :cry::cry:

We rode a lot of cool stuff. All except the Powerline road I've done before. Yup, Powerline is slippery! I think the cool thing with Jeff is he caters the ride to the skill level of his guests. I have to agree with you on the anyone going to Kauai part. I'll add, anyone coming to Hawaii should make the trip. One day I'd like to get a place on Kauai just for vacation purposes. That way I can ride those incredible places whenever I want. Kauai is the most beautiful place on the planet in my opinion. I'm talking the entire planet Earth! :cry:

We rode a lot of cool stuff. All except the Powerline road I've done before. Yup, Powerline is slippery! I think the cool thing with Jeff is he caters the ride to the skill level of his guests. I have to agree with you on the anyone going to Kauai part. I'll add, anyone coming to Hawaii should make the trip. One day I'd like to get a place on Kauai just for vacation purposes. That way I can ride those incredible places whenever I want. Kauai is the most beautiful place on the planet in my opinion. I'm talking the entire planet Earth! :cry:

That cracks me up that you live in Hawaii and would have a vacation house in Kauai. :cry:

I do agree with you about it being incredibly beautiful. We stayed in Princeville about 1.5 miles from Jeff's house. We drove around the island a couple of times and for me the north side is the nicest. Princeville, Hanalei and that upper part of the Napali coast. :cry:

Get him to take you over to the west side, He was telling me the riding in and around Waimea canyon is awesome. My wife and I hiked parts of it, and it reminded me of southern Utah a little, except for all the wild chickens. :devil:

Or another option is the south side that's desert like, with cactus all over the place. What a diverse island! From rain forest to desert to mountian jungles. The hidden cove beaches on the north end were so nice. Very private, very few people :cry:

I hope to get back out there someday. I'll do more than one day with them next time. :devil:

You and the Hawaiin posse need to do a trip to the mainland, come to Southern Utah, check out some other beautiful places to ride. Sorry there won't be much mud :D . I might be able to find some old lava flows to make you feel at home. You guys might evaporate up in our dry air, :cry:

unbelievable pictures. riding a dirtbike doesn't get any more real than that. that was pretty mind blowing just looking at those pictures. i saw an episode of dirt rider on tv where they went to hawaii for a ride. it was probably one of the coolest things i've ever seen. i don't know if you guys had anything in part of that, but it must be a blast to do that and have that in your backyard.

That cracks me up that you live in Hawaii and would have a vacation house in Kauai. :cry:

Why? I need a house to hang my surf trunks when I'm there to surf or ride... :cry:

Get him to take you over to the west side, He was telling me the riding in and around Waimea canyon is awesome. My wife and I hiked parts of it, and it reminded me of southern Utah a little, except for all the wild chickens.

That's where we're going. I grew up going there every summer and camping in Kokee at the top of the mountain. Never got to ride though...

The hidden cove beaches on the north end were so nice. Very private, very few people

Yup. :cry: I surfed 3 times a year there at places like Cannons, Middles, Hanalei etc... My favorite place to be. That's why I want a vacation place there... I started riding Kauai in the early 80's. We used to go and race there...

You and the Hawaiin posse need to do a trip to the mainland, come to Southern Utah, check out some other beautiful places to ride. Sorry there won't be much mud . I might be able to find some old lava flows to make you feel at home. You guys might evaporate up in our dry air

Maybe one day... :cry: