Sign in to follow this  

Should I replace the tool bag.....

that came with my bike? Its getting ripped open on the bottom end, or should I just use a good zip lock bag?

why dont you just get a small little craftsman tool box to go into your vehicle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nuthin wrong with tools, he just probably doesn't ride more than a 5 min walk from the track to his truck...

A good ziplock bag will work fine, if you got the cash I bet you can find one pretty reasonable though.

Besides it beats having one strapped to your body (although I really want the pack that straps to your chest protector...)

Use the bag, but tell me where you ride so I can collect free tools. :cry:

Seriously, from mtn biking, I can tell you that nothing rips through tool bags better than loose tools in the back. Open end wrenches cut into the corners almost as well as a screwdriver.

Put all of your tools into a Tool wrap. Moose makes one, other companies make one. You can even make your own. If nothing else, but all of the tools into a shop rag and put something around it.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/azmotorsports_1812_10670503

The other advantage is you don't loose tools like Hansel and Gretle leaving a trail of bread crumbs down the trial. All the tools get lost in one big thud. You might notice. If you're smart, you have your name and address on the tool wrap. If people are honest, you get them back.

Got to agree with Kev XR here. I bought the Moose tool wrap from the TT store and it keeps all my stuff in place and stops it rattling too. I also bought a Moose front fender bag which holds a spare tube and the tool wrap. You can take it off the bike real easy when your washing it and it clips on easily too. I have done some serious mileage on the bike and the fender bag hasn't shifted an inch. :cry: