Sign in to follow this  

Question about cleaning the Yosh header and muffler

Yeah, I know Bigbob just asked this question. I did not see all the answers but remember one of them. I need to clean my header up and saw that WD-40 and a scotch brite pad was recommended. I am not familiar with "scotch brite", is it abrasive sponge material or is it a copper mesh pad of sort? How about ultra fine steel wool? Too harsh for the stainless system?

Trust me when I say that I tried searching for this topic. I know that it has been covered before. Unfortunately I am running off of a Commador 64 computer and my kids need the black and white TV back to continue watching cartoons. (In other words, my computer is a piece of crap and only serves as a source of aggrivation...ctrl+alt+delete here, "refresh" there, "fatal error" everywhere... :cry:) But go and get a new one? Hell no. I gots bikes to fix up :cry:

Trust me when I say that I tried searching for this topic. I know that it has been covered before. Unfortunately I am running off of a Commador 64 computer and my kids need the black and white TV back to continue watching cartoons. (In other words, my computer is a piece of crap and only serves as a source of aggrivation...ctrl+alt+delete here, "refresh" there, "fatal error" everywhere... :cry:) But go and get a new one? Hell no. I gots bikes to fix up :cry:

:cry: Bikes first! :lol: I didn't think any com 64's still exisist. :cry: :cry:

Hill Pig, Scotchbright pads will scratch, even the very fine gray ones. Steel wool \ not so much if you use "0000". Not sure it makes any diff on the header. On a polished surface I would not use either one. For stainless I use some powdered product that my wife bought at the grocery store to polish the kitchen sinks. Works great.

You can get scotch brite pads in all the grades of steel wool, I just used some 000 and I have some 0000 in the garage. I was just given a box of steel wool and it will be given away or thrown away. I do wood working and steel wood can really mess up a finish by rusting.

I personally wouldn't use steel wool on stainless either for concern that some of the fibers would stick and rust there as well.