Sign in to follow this  

XR100R start-up question!

Today I went to take my bike out just for a spin because I haven't been riding for a few days. Everytime it starts in 1 kick, well today it took me forever to get it started and it wouldnt idle, I would have to constantly rev it or, drive it with-out slowing down and coming to a stop. Its been running great since I first got it and never ever had a problem at all. Does anyone have any suggestions? :cry:

Thanks.

I would say it has to do with the gas leaking into the carb, after sitting for so long. If you're not going to ride it for a day or longer, turn the petcock to off. At this point, I would check the plug and see if it looks ok, replace if not. Good idea to install an inline fuel filter after the petcock, between it and the carb.

Also I would make sure you have the choke in the right position.

I found with my 200 it was kicking back every now and then and proving hard to start (I have taken the auto decompression off) and one time it kicked back and ripped the thread out of the carburrettor cap lid thing and blew the throttle slide and needle etc out the top!!! But I think There may have been some water get in at some time condensation or something because it was running especially wierd like bogging down like you say so I turned the gas off and drained the carbie and it went good after that

Hope this helps

John

take the spark plug out and clean it

you probably left the choke on last

time u rode i had the same problem

I found the problem on Sunday when I went riding. The idle setting somehow got lowed. Problems all fixed and im good to go. Thanks guys.