Sign in to follow this  

Cam Shaft Trouble!

yall may have seen my posts about the hot cam camshaft...well i got it and me and my bro began to change it out and everything...it about killed us tryin to change the camshaft!!! but finally we got it changed and everything...but on the reassembily we have hit a bump in the road once again. its also a killer to put the head back on and cam sprocket and chain...while its still in the frame! but we got it in and lined it all up but it gets tight rite before the sprocket will slip on the shaft! i dont know what to do! :cry: its on at the bottom and everything but im not sure whats keeping it from slipping on correctly!...ne advice?

could it also be that the chain is on the bottom sprocket and everything...excepts its like double lapped on one tooth..or folded up so that it makes it a lil shorter? :cry:

:thumbsup:that was it....when we took it off the first time i remember it popped off the shaft..all we did was loosen it up and it poped on and then we retightened it...gives the bike a noticable power increase..another question though...would it be a good idea to turn the fuel/air mixture up a lil bit?

Depends on whether it needs to be turned up or not. It is dependant on the bike's current set-up. Pipe? Filter? Jet kit? What other changes do you have? Does it carburet smoothly? Stumbles? Hesitations? Hard starting? Cold blooded? All things you should feel for. Determine what you would want it to be like and then adjust it.

Tony