Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha engine parts interchangeable???

I have a 02 yz250f and I am building a spare motor for it..I have a chance to pick up either a 04 or 03 crank assembly and cylinder,does anyone know if the major engine parts are the same on 02-04??Or if you know from experience those parts will work let me know :cry:

your thoughts on this subject will be appreciated,thanks

Go on the yamaha website and look at their parts diagrams, compare the part numbers. If they're the same, you're golden.

whodat

Go on the Yamaha website and look at their parts diagrams, compare the part numbers. If they're the same, you're golden.

whodat

Already done that,thats where it gets a little confusing.

For example this is the 04 cylinder part number with the 02 part number right under it..

5xl 11311-00-00

5nl 11311-00-00

someone else told me that the 5xl part is for the year and model,the 11311 part is the actual part number and the last part of the number is if they changed the part mid year..

I'm looking for confirmation on what that person said,thanks

Spare motor for a yamaha... good plan. :cry:

Look in your manual, it should say what years have the same parts. I know the crank changed in 03, its a bit beefier. But ive also heard of guys putting the 03 crank in the 01 model, to prevent it from blowing through the cases.