Sign in to follow this  

valves

Supposedly, the new 05s have a different intake track helping with fuel flow causing more fuel to enter the intake track evenly, This is the latest and greatest info, again I ask how is it that alot of these bikes still going a year later, Did kawi just make a good batch, I think not, It isn't over, I wish it was, Stay on the guide to seat relationship,Our engines were all ported for better flow right after purchase, but only exaust mods were made, When I dissasembled michaels bike to put in a piston it was right at 1 year old, I replaced the valves at that time, upon removal the left intake valve was binding in the guide when I tried to remove it had to twist it to get it out, slid new valve into place moved in an out freely, My older sons F had a major blow up at 3 months but it shelled a transmission bearing, He also had a valve break at about 11 months, Kawi still covered it, This is why at six months we are tearing them down and installing the intake valves an a new piston and rings and cleaning up the carbon, But I am following the progress on the stainless valves also, But how will you know, When the expected life should exceed 9 months. We have 3 of these, I won't switch back, at 42 years old this is the easiest bike I have ever ridden or raced it gives me confidence on things I would have never tried before, The only let down I had on mine was two weeks ago, it quit shifting into 3rd assumed the worst, tore it down that friday at 5.30pm checked every gear in the trans diassembled the shift drum found nothing, screens wern't all that dirty, cleaned them anyway reassembled the engine checked the head clearances were still the same valves looked great, put it together put it back in the frame started it at 10.30pm sounded great shifted without flaw, raced Saturday at 7pm, won my 40 vetclass and placed 2nd 30 vet class, Bike still running great, Old Man worn Out, great combo.

glad to hear that kawi is standing by the bikes. i think that they're on to something with the valve seats. Hopefully the aftermarket stainless valves will help us 04 troopers out! :cry: