high octane gas?

I run 110 octane in my bike. But my bike is highly modded so i have to run it. If you have a stock bike dont even bother running any thing higher than 91 octane. Its not worth the money and you only get about 1 hp out of it. The best thing to do is buy 15 gallons of 91 octane gas and buy 2 bottles of 104 octane bost and put it in there and mix it up. Should put it up to about 100 octane.

I have a hard time finding anything higher than 91 octane. What is everyone else running? Does it make a difference?

92 and 91 octane is about the same.

Just run 91. If it knocks, mix some octane boost like crf said ?

Dont run higher octane gas in a 4 stroke rather buy gas that is more oxygenated.

Dont get oxygenated. IT only last for about 3-4 days. Its regular 91 octane with oxygen pupmed in to it. And after about 3-4 days all the oxygen evaperates and then your stuck with 91 octane fuel that you paid $9 a gallon for.

Higher octane fuel is designed to be a slower buring fuel versus a lower octance fuel. This is done by making the Hydro Carbon chain longer so therefore it take a longer amount of time to burn X amount of fuel, resisting pre-ignition. For stock 230's regular 87 should work fine but I think the manual calls for 91 octane, I can't remember though. Makes sense becuase its an air cooled engine and if you ride a long day and especially if its hot out, it will start to ping a little bit, I know mine does if I have 87 in there. Putting a higher octance fuel will not raise hourse power at all, actually if you wanted to make more power you would run lower octane becuase of its higher volitility and it makes no difference in bikes but in newer cars(OBD II), knock sensors would detect the pre-ignition and retard ignition timing, robbing you of power. Hope this helps some.