Sign in to follow this  

Just Finished some Mods on the 2001 DRZS - Very Happy! -pics

I did the DJ kit, 150 main, 25 pilot, ext. screw @ 1 1/2 turns, 3x3, bar risers, cycra handguards, Yoshi full s/s, and MCCT. A lot of work to do in one day, but I am very happy. A good deal more power on the low end, but what an improvement in exhaust note. Now it sounds like I mean business!

I've got the TEC inserts...they're for the trails, I'm staying uncorked for the street, there are plenty of Harleys in Huntington Beach that are louder than that.

Now if I can find a yellow GSXR, I'd have quite a stable of yellow bikes in the garage. :cry:

drz400s.jpg

lt250r.jpg

Looks nice!! You like yellow, eh? :cry:

Could you post some pics of the cycra handguard/handlebars? I intend to order one of them and I would like to see how it looks a bit closer.

Thanks!! And enjoy your toys! :cry:

Here they are. I've got the guards for the alloy bars even though I still have on the stock steel ones. As soon as the stockers are bent, I'll go with them Renthals, but until then...

I just wrapped the smaller alloy handguard end with some rubber to give it a good snug fit before tightening them down in the steel bars.

The Cycras are really nice. They are the first handguards I've owned, but in looking at them, I can't imagine anyone making anything better.

If you order them directly from Cycra, you can pick any color plastic you want (from retailers it seems like the kit comes with natural color plastic and you have to order the color you want separately for like another $20.)

I got the bar mount version because the triple clamp mount kit won't fit if you're running BigDR Bar Risers.

cycra1.jpgcycra2.jpgcycra3.jpg

burned's right :cry:, 150 is the main you should bump up to if you don't use the DJ kit...I think you're supposed to use a 140 or 142.5 :cry: By the way, SWEET lookin bike :cry: I really like the looks of the cycra handguards...wish I would've bought them instead of the

Acerbis ones :cry: Was that full Yosh system quite a bit lighter than the stocker? I know the muffler is but what about the headpipe :cry: I imagine the headpipe is a wider pipe than stock as well?

I have both the 142.5 and the 140 mains in my kit. I will change out the 150 ASAP as per the expert advice given here in the forum. Though I will have to look up the thread on how to change jets without removing that freakn’ carb. Could they possible pack any more stuff into that area?

The bike does run pretty good though. I am going to start another thread on that subject right now.

Malachi – I was going to get the Acerbis Handguards, the Rally series, because they seemed like they were lower profile. But once I found out that they were just plastic (no alum. Guard) I went with everyone’s advice and got the Cycra’s. And the Cycra’s do look good.

Next on the list will be a skidplate, rad. guards, and case guards.

Is that an LT250R? Looks nice I'm looking for one or a 500 if it is cheap but am having a hard time finding one for sale in good shape at a resonable price and missed out on one on eBay but it may have been for the better.

Nice hand gauds. Buy some renthal's you won't be sory.

Until you crash hard enough to bend em like I did a couple of weeks ago, I hope my new Pro Tapers are stronger.

That LT250R used to be my race bike. I'm quite a bit faster on it than the Honda 250R, unlike most people. There isn't a whole lot stock left on it except for the frame and swingarm.

The LT500 is real awesome, but tends to blow head gaskets for no reason at all. That was the problem.

When looking for a LT, stay away from the 85-86 models, and a really mean don't buy one. They had terrible engines and suspensions. The 87-89 were much better and in 90-92(?) there was a major suspension redesign on the rear end, which was good.

I'm going to keep mine for another season and then sell it to purchase another DRZS for my brother. I NEED A RIDING BUDDY!