Sign in to follow this  

2005 dry weight BS!!!!

When they say "dry", they mean it haha. As in no oil in the suspension, motor, no coolant, no gas. And no grease either :cry: :cry:

235 ready to ride, subtract 2 gallons of gas (12 lbs?)

223lbs now....subtract say, 1.5 quarts of engine oils (2 lbs?)

221 lbs now...subtract a quart of coolant (less than 2 lbs)

Call it 219 lbs, take away the small amount of suspension oil, you got...ding ding ding! 218 lbs or so :cry:

"They say that". They must be liars! Scales show differently. "They" should tell the truth. Your brother TTers are telling you the truth, the rags are selling advertising. Feel and real are different :cry:

It happens with every model almost every time. Why is it allowed to be done? I cant believe someone would try to justify it. I am sure the bike is spectacular, but that is not the point.

Who cares??

Dirt Rider said the '05 feels 10lbs lighter than the '04. The say it's one of the lightest "feeling" 250 class bikes out there.

They are paid to say that. What do you think would happen if they said " feels like the same bike to me"

Please.... :cry:

well the yz450f supposedly lighter then the crf, but all the mags say the crf450 feels alot lighter. Weight can be your friend ya know..a 140 lb crf450 wouldnt handle whoops that well

Weight can be your friend ya know..a 140 lb crf450 wouldnt handle whoops that well

It wouldn't need to, it would just fly over them. :cry: