Sign in to follow this  

changed my oil today

So went to the bike shop and picked up 2 qts of oil for the drz.......15-40 ....... put the 15 - 40 in and started to put the second qt in and it's blue and thought &%$#@!, and i look and a bottle and its a 25-50 so I threw it in thar.... so is it ok to mix these two oils? I going on a 300mile + d/s next week and don't what any issues!!!! moral of the story :cry: :lol:always check the bottle :cry:

More information is needed here.

What kind of oil? Brand? Synth? Dino?

I would think that it is mixable if both are 4stroke motor oil but I could be wrong.

What kind of oil comes out of the bottle blue?

Hey and tell Carlos over at Honda, Mckenzie got tranferred to Florida.

More information is needed here.

What kind of oil? Brand? Synth? Dino?

I would think that it is mixable if both are 4stroke motor oil but I could be wrong.

yes I'm with that it should be ok but.......... I need someone to pat me on the head! It is four stroke oil synth blend....thanks :cry:

those are some odd viscosity numbers for a bike. 15w-40 is usually diesel engine oil, and i've never seen 25w-50. usually bike oils are 10w-40 and 20w-50. it'll probably all work just fine though. it appears from some of the others here that 50 oil isn't too thick for these engines. mixing them is fine too.

I wouldn't worry if it's bike oil. I used 60 weight in the old XT's I had in the summer dropped all the way down to 50 weight for winter. Your modern motor will get through it. I use 15/50 Siloklene 4 stroke pro synthetic in mine. It absolutely love the stuff. prairiedawg :cry:

Make sure you are not using "Auto" Synthetic or you will have clutch problems

those are some odd viscosity numbers for a bike. 15w-40 is usually diesel engine oil

15w-40 and 15w-50 are frequently spec'd for gas engines...particularly those from germany.

If it were my bike I'd drain the oil and replace with the correct oil. The money wasted on oil is cheaper then any engine damage. Just do it and ride without a worry on your dual sport ride :cry:

yes, I'll be doin that today, some days are that way! :cry: :cry:

I would agree. Drain it and change it. Don't forget the swap the filter too. Why you would use anything other than Dumonde YAP400 is beyond me. :cry:

I would agree. Drain it and change it. Don't forget the swap the filter too. Why you would use anything other than Dumonde YAP400 is beyond me. :cry:

I tried two different types of the Dumonde in my DRZ, none felt as good in the trans as Silkolene. I tried the Dumonde on the recomendation of a trusted bike tech,,,, and while it's lube properties may be excellant,, it did not allow as smooth of shifting as other lubes have provided.. At least in my bike.