Sign in to follow this  

Is the crf250x ok for trails AND TRACK?

hey all i am soon getting a dirt bike and will mostly be riding trails but i will probly end up going up to the track every month or so with my friend is the x ok or should i go with the r any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanx kawasaki kid

If you are mostly gonna ride trails then get the X. I ride mine on the track and it does ok. It is soft on power for mx use. But for a medioker c class rider it does just fine. If you just play ride on the track it does just fine. But just know that it is not a MX bike.

I agree with yzman, I ride mine on the track just for fun and hit the 20-30ft tables and 15-20 ft doubles, too scared to do anything more than that. Definitely recommend 250x if you are going to ride mostly trails with it. Good Luck :cry:

i've ridden my buddy's crf250x on the track. it is amazingly quiet and fast on the track. i feel completely comfortable doing the jumps on his bike. that said, the suspension feels a little harsh on acceleration bumps. my crf250 and crf450 skim the bumps but his shock is very harsh in the mid stroke.

the X corners better and carries more momentum in turns. i think is has to do with steeper steering angle when the bike settles in the turns.

another note, the bike(X) goes much faster short shifting vs reving-the-piss out of it like i do on my bikes®.

i definitely come off the track with an ear-to-ear grin.

I would get the X, although the suspension might not be up to handling the gnarly high speed stuff (whoops, large jumps, bottoming resistance, you know...).

Of course that all depends on your riding skill and you would definetely have fun with your bike on the MX track, so yeah get the X :cry:

I own an R and would not really recommend it for trail riding in stock condition...

If I were you I would NOT get a honda 4-stroke with all of the vaulve horror stories on the threads, but if you want one I would say the CRF250R because I think it would be funner to ride with the bottom end and closer gear ratio then the crfx besides teh crfx weighs 24 more pounds the the crf. And the CRF would do fine in the desert you would probally be faster in the technical parts because it has more power (sorta) and it is lighter

I've ridden my X on both - it is a blast on either. I wouldn't race MX with it, it isn't designed for that. But if you just want to play on the track and do some of the jumps and berms - its a blast :cry: