Sign in to follow this  

Pulled the clutch cover and WTF!!!

I don't have the cool digital camera to show you but I have the first Rekluse Auto clutch for the TE510. WoooHooo!

I worked with Sean at Rekluse who had the patience of a saint as he troubleshot a fit issue over the phone :cry: :cry:. The 510 is now about as tough to ride in the tight trails around my property as my kids TTR90. I dont have a chance to ride any distance until tuesday :cry:. Cant wait.

Weird, I have the same problem with my TE450 :cry:

Your going to love it. :cry:

We also have a clutch unit, it will be installed in a TC450 this week. Can't wait!

Jeff

Kick ass..I am still trying to figure out how that clutch works (Yes as a matter of fact I am a dumb ass), I am dying to pick up a 510 and am curious to know how that clutch works for it.

The Gitch

Z-clutch 101... Two plates replace the pressure plate. Between these two plates rides 30 balls in ramped slots, 15 Tungston, 15 steel. As the engine speed increases the balls ride up the ramps, forcing the plates apart, the outer plate is fixed, which means the inner plate does the work of a pressure plate. The engagement speed and RPM range can be adjusted by changing the number of balls or changing the spring that sits between the two plates. Simplicity itself.

The actual install took about 20 minutes. The tweaking of the "installed gap" took a couple hours of trying various combinations of spacers, and steel clutch plates that Rekluse sends that are thinner than stock.

Really cool to run through the gears going down the road while holding a soda can in your left hand.

Now if I can find some place to ride today. Was headed to MXGP and it's closed tuesday. :cry:

Thank you so much for the explaination. I understand now. I am no longer a dumbass....okay, not so much as a dumb ass anyway!