Sign in to follow this  

Chapparal Sale

I went.Back in the early '90's.Drove all the way from Valencia.The line was all the way around the block(at the old location).Just turned around and headed home.(you don't know how much i hate waiting in line,.....or maybe you do) :cry:

I'll NEVER do that again, what a circus. Went this morning before heading out to ride, what a joke! Too many people- too little sale.

(Kicking myself)I should of known with the name Chapparal attached to it.

I was there.... it was like a friggin' rock concert!!! Tons of people, but I heard about these give-away prices. I did get some good deals, but I don't think I stole anything. The best deal I got was a couple pair of Oxtar boots for $137 each.

Jimbo

I go every year,Last year was great.I got a full set of o'neil hardwear gear and an 814 helmet for $150. And no crowds as I went a couple hours after it opened. This year was crowded much later in the day but I waited out the crowds and got some good deals!

It was a zoo,

I got there @ 8:00 just as it was opening (1 hour late!) I was about 100 feet past the entrance before I could even start moving towards the booths,Tons of mullets. Did battle for a while then went for some breakfast to let things cool out. We got back about 11:00 I guess, and things were much nicer then. I had a list of things I wanted and that was a waste of time.

I got a few deals I guess. ASV levers $35.00. Radiator Braces for $35. Spy, MC. glasses for $25. A new helmet for $175 that was not that big a deal but I had cash in my pocket. My best deal was a leather jacket for $50.00 from Alpine star. I don't even think you can buy that one in stores.

If I needed any riding gear Troy lee is the place to get it. They had great deals.

LBZ had some meat-head on a PA YELLING A EVERYONE trying to sell thier Pimp N Hoe riding/poseing wear, I almost got some gold lame riding pants but they didn't fit :cry:. There stall is a nightmare every year. I think they have alot of crap that doesn't fly and they just pawn it off on the poor 909'er's.

Applied had a stall there this year. The guys at that were just sitting around doing nothing. I am not even sure they were selling anything.

That is enough out of me. Time to eat. :cry:

I've gone every year for the past 3-4 years until this year. Just seemed to me that the prices kept getting closer to retail, so I said screw it.

I picked up 2 did ert chains for 70 bucks at the white brothers booth.Did anybody see the line in the Oneal section?I dont even know where it started.To many mullets this year.

quoted from a vet racer on another board..

"I didnt know so many fat people road and I had never seen so many black socks, dickies and truker hat outfits in my life"

I thought that was hilarious and summed up the 909 well! I stopped going to this sale in about 92... wht a joke.