Sign in to follow this  

New pipe and mods for new bike

I am purchasing an 05 250r next week and was wondering what everyone's impression of the full Pro Circuit T4 exhaust. I see many people use the DR.D so I am torn between the two. Also, can you use an 04 pipe on an 05? If not, are the 05 pipes available yet?

What other minor mods should I do next? I have seen people mention JD jet kit,airbox mod(what exactly is that), Twin air(which one works best?) I am also looking into triple clamps-pro circuit,applied?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will be doing track riding.

Thanks.

I just ordered the Dr.D w/spark arrestor option,and I don't think the exhaust had any changes.Told them I had an 05 and they didn't say anything about it being different.I also ordered the 04 jd kit,and have the twin air powerflow kit.As far as airbox mod you heard about ,I think there for the x but I could be mistaken

my buddy bought a pro cicut and said it was good down low but lost too much rev, he replaced it with a WB's, i use a

DRD on my 05 and love it

With your dr d did you have any problems with it leaking at the head?I was in the jetting forum and they mentioned something about it .

I just bought a DR.D pipe. They tried some new stuff. But the 04 pipe just worked well all around.I let cycle city put it on their dyno and showed more low and way farther overrev . A little over a horsepower gain. That was with a 168 main at about 1000 ft sea level. Going to try it today!

I put about 1 hour of break in time on my '05 and then about 3hours on it last weekend! This friday night i put the Dr.D on, rode saturday and sunday for a total of about6 hours and i can say the Dr.d exhaust added power everywhere and the bike has more roll on power as well. i can't wait to add the JD jet kit and the twin air power flow :cry:

Thanks for the info. What is the advantage of the JD jet kit over stock? Is it just a larger variety of jet sizes to properly jet your bike?

don't waste your money on the pro circuit pipe. order a chm ovate system. it's half the money and makes nearly 2 horsepower throughout the whole range. no better investment. these people know how to make horsepower. www.chmexhaust.com :cry:

I bought the jd kit for the needles,just comes with 5-6 mj's

I just spoke to Dubach racing and I believe they are the same. You can call them and confirm. Purchased the Dr. D for an 04, tried it yesterday and today and it's awesome. It was exactly as the magazines said. Excellent low, strong mid and it revs all the way out. The roll on is excellent. Jetting is stock at 160 main and 40 pilot. East coast riding from sea level to 1000 ft. Have thought about the jd jet kit but the people I know who tried it had some problems with a bog. I'm sure it can be corrected. Chm tested well too. Paid $360. for the complete Dr. D system. We did replace the metal gasket for the head pipe and torqued it properly. Doesn't seem to leak. The bike is fast enough stock to win races-We've seen that a lot this year. Why not have your suspension done. That will win more races and allow you to ride faster and safer than just about any mod, at least in my opinion. One of the easiest mods is VP Ultimate 4 race gas if you want to spend the bucks. We were speaking with their reps at a track about U4 and the key is to increase the main jet 3-4 sizes if you want the max peformance from it. Good Luck!