Sign in to follow this  

Tower city?

Anyone been up there this week? How did they fair in the storm? Thinking about taking the kids up there sunday but if it's still one big puddle I may go to rausch creek instead

thanks

A friend was up last Sunday. He said it wasn't bad, a little washed out in the bottom, but the top of the mountain was about the same. He did mention the rocks seemed to stick out a little more.

I rode there last Saturday (9/25)and it was good. I too thought there would be more "mud" and water, but not the case. Go & have fun. I may go up also, if the list of chores around the house doesn't get it's hooks in me first.

SSR :cry:

Went up today with my oldest son, and the riding and the weather was great. Perfect day for Tower City.

Hi woodsk.

I should have gone with you guys.:cry: Instead, I thought I'd check out some different scenery, so drove down to Gore,Va. Just west of Winchester, to a place called The Cove.

The good news: It really was a beautiful day.

The rest of the news: I made the best of a somewhat limited area with poorly marked trails. Really gives one a much better appreciation of how good Tower City is. But in all fairness, my total unfamiliarity with their "trail system" probably had something to do with my frustrations too. Maybe I'll try again another time. And...for those who think all rocks reside in Pa.,..wrong...There were a ton of real serious bone busters all over the mountain side down there too. Great for a rush case of arm pump :cry:

Oh well, chalk it up to experience. And in the dirt bike world, that's a good thing.

I knew you'd have a great day today. Nice going. Maybe I'll try to get up there later in the week if time allows.

Take care.

yeah ive been to gore, going there this weekend.. they really do need to mark their trails better, i dont know how the people that race down there get through the whole course.

I've been wanting to get down there, but haven't herd very good reports from the folks who have gone. Except that the camping is really good. I think that it's about 4 hours from me so unless I get really tired of the stuff around here I think I'll proably pass.

A few friends and I will be at either tower or paragon next sunday.

You mentioned Paragon in your last reply. I'd never heard of it, so did a quick search & found it's web site. Around Hazelton, so it's about 3 & 1/2 hrs. from me. Pictures looked cool. Showed a lot of four wheelers.

There was a note/rule saying that dirtbikes can't ride alone. Are they serious?? :cry: Do they watch this closely, or sorta just recommend riding in groups?? Geeze, I load up and go lots of places by myself. Sometimes I join others when I get there, but often not, especially on a weekday when there's few people around or I'm not comfortable with the choices....I ride for fun, not to prove that I'm fastest or the coolest, if ya know what I mean.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. And I see that everyone in your family is motorized. That's cute. :cry:

Stay well.

I've never been there by myself, but when you go for the first time you have to attend a 10 min safety lecture. And they mention it about 10 times in those 10 minutes. It is a great place to ride though, lots of trails.

Yeah it's great that the whole family rides, it's especially fun to watch the kids progress and become more confident. I think that my oldest son may want to race next year. He kind of bounces between liking the track and the trails now, but I think he will end up riding both very well.

I was at TC Friday Oct 1. The trails were fine, some big puddles but nothing serious. Trail #1 did have a big section that was about 2' deep with no way around that I just barely got through but other than that no problems.

I was thinking of trying Paragon Friday also but when I called they said you have to ride in pairs (I was alone)and they also mentioned a mandatory safety class you had to attend. It's also about a 3 hour drive for me where TC is only about 2 hours 15 minutes away.

Maybe we could get a Thumper Talk ride going at Tower City. There seems to be allot of intetrest.

Doug

:cry:

There was a note/rule saying that dirtbikes can't ride alone. Are they serious?? :cry: Do they watch this closely, or sorta just recommend riding in groups?? Geeze, I load up and go lots of places by myself. Sometimes I join others when I get there, but often not, especially on a weekday when there's few people around or I'm not comfortable with the choices....I ride for fun, not to prove that I'm fastest or the coolest, if ya know what I mean.

Paragon is dead serious about the no riding alone thing. In fact, they will not let you out of the staging area alone and they will fine you $35 if you are found riding alone. I talked to them about it and it is an insurance liability thing. It is a shame because I would go there more often if I could ride it alone. The place is awesome. :cry:

It is a shame because I would go there more often if I could ride it alone. The place is awesome.

Shoot me a PM KLX and I may just be free to go. This weekend is out, Wifes B-Day. Next weekend I go to the Bahamas for 8 days and on the 24th I am racing at the Dutchman. Why don't you guys go there and run the hare? It was fun as hell. It was my first race and finishing was my goal. I finished 13 out of 17 in Vet B. 2.5 hours.

Well, it sounds like I'm not the only one who rides alone sometimes. Actually, I do it often. In the future, if someone wants to meet me at Paragon and ride for a couple hours, I'm game. Would really like to give it look see.

Telling ya up front though: I'm no slow leak by any means, but I don't enjoy "racing" the trails either...unless of course ya get a nice stretch of up & down fire road where you can jerk into 4th gear without downed trees and boulder gardens around many blind curves. Also, I really enjoy the scenery, and being out in the woods, and riding at speed all the time doesn't allow my eyes to wander even for a second from the line I'm plotting up ahead.

I'm familiar with the Dutchman's Scrambles. Your completing the ride is a feather in what obviously is a well conditioned cap :cry: At this time, I don't think I could lug my 300lb. Z400S over the course competetively for 2 1/2 hours, without a short break & rest somewhere in the middle. Maybe in a couple months if & when I'm in better riding shape.

Does "anyone" ever stop for a break, and then jump back into the fray ten minutes later, or do ya have to go non-stop from flag to finish?? Is stopping for food, fuel, or [@#$%&*!] not allowed, and/or, looked down upon?? :cry:

Again, congrats on your good ride, and I always enjoy appreciate any additional comments others wish to offer.

I've been in 4 Hare Scrambles this year at different places and stopping for a "breather" is very commonplace for people below the A class.

You'll see guys with their bikes up against trees eating a Power Bar and watching as you chug by. Ten minutes later they blow by you and then you're ready to lean against a tree for a bit.

The key is don't leave the course, just pull off to the side and take a break.