Sign in to follow this  

trackmaster mileage

Anyone here running the Trackmaster II's? I put mine on 3 weekends ago, I'm wondering what kind of mileage I can expect out of them :cry: I ride about 60% dirt 40% road, the back's great off road..the fronts well...OK, alot better than the stocker though :cry: I do take it easy on the road so they'll last longer, just looking for a ballpark figure to go by, thanks :cry:

malachi, I'm about to put on my 5th 760 Track MasterII in the next two weeks, it's sit'n here next to me in the den rite now!

I ride about the same as you 60% true trails 30% dirt roads 10% pavement(only 2.2 mi. to work)

I get about 1500 Mi. before they start to loose there Trail performance, and at $37 a pop, I'm OK with that!

I have one that i put on last may and have ran the crap out of it im just about at 1000 miles and its actually still good. I have already bought a 756 and am going to have it studded next week for woods riding.

I have run quite a few Trackmasters through my "S" and they last quite long.Of course it depends on what percentage of trail and street.I ran mine about 60% street-40% dirt,and they lasted at least 1000KM.Rear that is, fronts last longer.They are inexpensive tires anyways, so you don't need to baby them :cry:

I run 98 percent off-road. I just took off my TrackmasterII REAR at 3800 miles (Still had about 1/3 of an inch deep tread but with the addition of the FCR carb I was breaking it loose too much). I've still got the FRONT TM2 on it. I agree the REAR is good and the FRONT well you have to get used to the FRONT washing out and adjust your riding accordingly. I run 12lbs. air front and back. I just put a wheel lock on the rear yesterday when I put the new TM2 on. I think I'm gonna try different tires after this rear wears out. I'm thinking either Pirelli MT-21 or MT-83. The MT-83 looks really good but the front on that looks like it might wear fast.

I run 100% offroad in mostly sand and loose terrain. My tires have 1100 miles on them and look okay. I think I might get 2000 miles at most out of the back tire.

DaveI - what type of terrain are you riding?

It's mostly sand and loose soil. My road riding consists mainly of 1KM of road to hit the off-road area. The wear on the rear TM2 was superb. Mind you it was using the Dynojet/Mikuni/Yosh for almost all of it. I've only got about 300 miles on the FCR carb. I don't think I would have gotten the 3800 miles out of the rear TM2 with the FCR carb. My terrain is flat sand and loose soil. WFO riding and some jumps. I use stock 15/44 gearing. 12lbs. pressure in front and back. I weigh about 160lbs. I could have used the other rear TM2 a little more but thought I was pushing my luck as it was starting to break loose on me when I didn't want it to.

I ride 80/20 dirt street and got a little over 2000 miles out of my first set. Granted, the rear probably really needed replacing at about 1,500 but hey, I'm cheap. As someone else posted, no need to be kind to them in effort to stretch more miles for the buck out of 'em. A very inexpensive, long lasting great performance tire. I'm mean to them even on the street and still get great miles for the dollar out of them. I run the hard compound, prolly helps somewhat.

Granted, the rear probably really needed replacing at about 1,500 but hey, I'm cheap.

:cry: :cry:

I see lots of guys here getting 1,000-miles outta the Kendas and I

have to wonder how hard you guys are riding to get that mileage?

Don't take this wrong, but I burned up 3 Kendas in a year because I

am a really aggressive rider. If you ride somewhat aggressively,

expect 400-500 miles before they toast. I ran the last one to nearly

750 miles and it was bald. :cry:

I've got 500-miles on my D606 and it's 50% worn. It's already proving

to be far better than the Kendas and for not much more money. :cry:

I got over 1700 miles on my last Trackmaster rear with 80% offroad riding.

I followed the advice from this site and put on a hundred road miles to anneal them before taking them off road.